Jun 18, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Dalonte Hill, a former assistant coach for Kansas State and, most recently, Maryland, was sentenced to seven days in jail and a year probation for a DUI that he received back in October.
He was an assistant coach with the Terps at the time and was forced to resign his position. The DUI was Hill’s second while with Maryland and his third since 2008.
Hill was making more than $300,000 on his initial contract with the Terps and made more than $400,000 as an assistant at Kansas State. He was known as a recruiter because of his connection to the DC Assault AAU program. He helped recruit the likes of Michael Beasley, Wally Judge and Rodney McGruder to Kansas State.
The DC Assault have since changed their name to the DC Premier after their founder, Curtis Malone, was arrested and charged with drug trafficking.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)