Jun 18, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Dalonte Hill, a former assistant coach for Kansas State and, most recently, Maryland, was sentenced to seven days in jail and a year probation for a DUI that he received back in October.
He was an assistant coach with the Terps at the time and was forced to resign his position. The DUI was Hill’s second while with Maryland and his third since 2008.
Hill was making more than $300,000 on his initial contract with the Terps and made more than $400,000 as an assistant at Kansas State. He was known as a recruiter because of his connection to the DC Assault AAU program. He helped recruit the likes of Michael Beasley, Wally Judge and Rodney McGruder to Kansas State.
The DC Assault have since changed their name to the DC Premier after their founder, Curtis Malone, was arrested and charged with drug trafficking.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)