Jun 18, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
The Delaware Sports Commission put out a release on Wednesday announcing the return of the Slam Dunk to the Beach tournament.
It will be held from Dec. 27th-29th at Cape Henlopen HS in Lewes, DE, and will feature 15 high school teams, including Sunrise Christian Academy (KS), Our Savior New American (NY), Gonzaga (DC), Neumann-Goretti (PA), Christ the King (NY) and St. Vincent’s-St. Mary’s (OH).
Slam Dunk to the Beach was one of the biggest high school tournaments in the country a decade ago, with NBA stars like LeBron, Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony and Jay Williams playing, but the event hasn’t been held since 2003. It was disbanded when the founder, Bobby Jacobs, was caught misappropriating more than $87,000 in funds from the event. He was later arrested for plotting a revenge scheme against the people that sent him to jail.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)