Jun 18, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
The Delaware Sports Commission put out a release on Wednesday announcing the return of the Slam Dunk to the Beach tournament.
It will be held from Dec. 27th-29th at Cape Henlopen HS in Lewes, DE, and will feature 15 high school teams, including Sunrise Christian Academy (KS), Our Savior New American (NY), Gonzaga (DC), Neumann-Goretti (PA), Christ the King (NY) and St. Vincent’s-St. Mary’s (OH).
Slam Dunk to the Beach was one of the biggest high school tournaments in the country a decade ago, with NBA stars like LeBron, Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony and Jay Williams playing, but the event hasn’t been held since 2003. It was disbanded when the founder, Bobby Jacobs, was caught misappropriating more than $87,000 in funds from the event. He was later arrested for plotting a revenge scheme against the people that sent him to jail.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)