Jun 18, 2014, 4:12 PM EDT
The Delaware Sports Commission put out a release on Wednesday announcing the return of the Slam Dunk to the Beach tournament.
It will be held from Dec. 27th-29th at Cape Henlopen HS in Lewes, DE, and will feature 15 high school teams, including Sunrise Christian Academy (KS), Our Savior New American (NY), Gonzaga (DC), Neumann-Goretti (PA), Christ the King (NY) and St. Vincent’s-St. Mary’s (OH).
Slam Dunk to the Beach was one of the biggest high school tournaments in the country a decade ago, with NBA stars like LeBron, Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony and Jay Williams playing, but the event hasn’t been held since 2003. It was disbanded when the founder, Bobby Jacobs, was caught misappropriating more than $87,000 in funds from the event. He was later arrested for plotting a revenge scheme against the people that sent him to jail.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)