South Carolina’s Frank Martin, Sindarius Thornwell among participants in Four Nations Cup this August
Jun 18, 2014, 5:14 PM EDT
The coaching staff and players for Guy Rancourt’s USA East Coast team, which will participate in the Four Nations Cup from August 4-7, were announced Wednesday with South Carolina head coach Frank Martin among the coaches selected to assist Rancourt.
Rancourt, who is currently the head coach at Lycoming College, is also joined on the staff by DeMatha Catholic HS head coach Mike Jones and Concordia University (Wisconsin) assistant Dave Cooks. According to the release Columbia director of basketball operations John Andrzejek will handle the daily operations for the team.
The coaching staff will lead a ten-member squad through a two-day training camp at Columbia University on July 31 and August 1 before departing for Estonia. Leading the way on the team are Iowa guard Mike Gesell and South Carolina guard Sindarius Thornwell.
The full roster consists of the following players:
- Damonte Dodd (Maryland)
- Gesell (Iowa)
- Granville Gittens (Baruch College)
- Dusty Hannahs (Arkansas)
- B.J. Johnson (Syracuse)
- Tyrone Johnson (South Carolina)
- John Monkam (Lycoming)
- Tyler Roberson (Syracuse)
- Thornwell (South Carolina)
- Adam Woodbury (Iowa)
Joining Rancourt’s team and the hosts in the Four Nations Cup are national teams representing France and Slovakia. Following their four games in Estonia the team will visit Finland to play a friendly before returning to the States.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)