South Carolina’s Frank Martin, Sindarius Thornwell among participants in Four Nations Cup this August
Jun 18, 2014, 5:14 PM EDT
The coaching staff and players for Guy Rancourt’s USA East Coast team, which will participate in the Four Nations Cup from August 4-7, were announced Wednesday with South Carolina head coach Frank Martin among the coaches selected to assist Rancourt.
Rancourt, who is currently the head coach at Lycoming College, is also joined on the staff by DeMatha Catholic HS head coach Mike Jones and Concordia University (Wisconsin) assistant Dave Cooks. According to the release Columbia director of basketball operations John Andrzejek will handle the daily operations for the team.
The coaching staff will lead a ten-member squad through a two-day training camp at Columbia University on July 31 and August 1 before departing for Estonia. Leading the way on the team are Iowa guard Mike Gesell and South Carolina guard Sindarius Thornwell.
The full roster consists of the following players:
- Damonte Dodd (Maryland)
- Gesell (Iowa)
- Granville Gittens (Baruch College)
- Dusty Hannahs (Arkansas)
- B.J. Johnson (Syracuse)
- Tyrone Johnson (South Carolina)
- John Monkam (Lycoming)
- Tyler Roberson (Syracuse)
- Thornwell (South Carolina)
- Adam Woodbury (Iowa)
Joining Rancourt’s team and the hosts in the Four Nations Cup are national teams representing France and Slovakia. Following their four games in Estonia the team will visit Finland to play a friendly before returning to the States.
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 1
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 5
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)