South Carolina’s Frank Martin, Sindarius Thornwell among participants in Four Nations Cup this August
Jun 18, 2014, 5:14 PM EST
The coaching staff and players for Guy Rancourt’s USA East Coast team, which will participate in the Four Nations Cup from August 4-7, were announced Wednesday with South Carolina head coach Frank Martin among the coaches selected to assist Rancourt.
Rancourt, who is currently the head coach at Lycoming College, is also joined on the staff by DeMatha Catholic HS head coach Mike Jones and Concordia University (Wisconsin) assistant Dave Cooks. According to the release Columbia director of basketball operations John Andrzejek will handle the daily operations for the team.
The coaching staff will lead a ten-member squad through a two-day training camp at Columbia University on July 31 and August 1 before departing for Estonia. Leading the way on the team are Iowa guard Mike Gesell and South Carolina guard Sindarius Thornwell.
The full roster consists of the following players:
- Damonte Dodd (Maryland)
- Gesell (Iowa)
- Granville Gittens (Baruch College)
- Dusty Hannahs (Arkansas)
- B.J. Johnson (Syracuse)
- Tyrone Johnson (South Carolina)
- John Monkam (Lycoming)
- Tyler Roberson (Syracuse)
- Thornwell (South Carolina)
- Adam Woodbury (Iowa)
Joining Rancourt’s team and the hosts in the Four Nations Cup are national teams representing France and Slovakia. Following their four games in Estonia the team will visit Finland to play a friendly before returning to the States.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)