South Carolina’s Frank Martin, Sindarius Thornwell among participants in Four Nations Cup this August
Jun 18, 2014, 5:14 PM EST
The coaching staff and players for Guy Rancourt’s USA East Coast team, which will participate in the Four Nations Cup from August 4-7, were announced Wednesday with South Carolina head coach Frank Martin among the coaches selected to assist Rancourt.
Rancourt, who is currently the head coach at Lycoming College, is also joined on the staff by DeMatha Catholic HS head coach Mike Jones and Concordia University (Wisconsin) assistant Dave Cooks. According to the release Columbia director of basketball operations John Andrzejek will handle the daily operations for the team.
The coaching staff will lead a ten-member squad through a two-day training camp at Columbia University on July 31 and August 1 before departing for Estonia. Leading the way on the team are Iowa guard Mike Gesell and South Carolina guard Sindarius Thornwell.
The full roster consists of the following players:
- Damonte Dodd (Maryland)
- Gesell (Iowa)
- Granville Gittens (Baruch College)
- Dusty Hannahs (Arkansas)
- B.J. Johnson (Syracuse)
- Tyrone Johnson (South Carolina)
- John Monkam (Lycoming)
- Tyler Roberson (Syracuse)
- Thornwell (South Carolina)
- Adam Woodbury (Iowa)
Joining Rancourt’s team and the hosts in the Four Nations Cup are national teams representing France and Slovakia. Following their four games in Estonia the team will visit Finland to play a friendly before returning to the States.
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)