Jun 19, 2014, 11:07 PM EDT
On February 22, Syracuse made its first trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium as a member of the ACC and the matchup provided a finish few fans will forget. Following a controversial offensive foul assessed to C.J. Fair with 10.4 seconds remaining, Jim Boeheim picked up two technical fouls in quick succession to see his night come to a premature end.
During his angry reaction Boeheim took off (partially) his coat, which was auctioned off at Jim and Juli Boeheim’s annual Basket Ball auction with proceeds benefitting their foundation. The price paid for the coat: $14,000.
In the video above coaches Boeheim, Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski, Louisville’s Rick Pitino and North Carolina’s Roy Williams discussed the ejection and the auction of the coat. And during the conversation Boeheim states jokingly that he may need to pull off a similar stunt when the Orange visit North Carolina next season.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0