Jun 19, 2014, 11:07 PM EST
On February 22, Syracuse made its first trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium as a member of the ACC and the matchup provided a finish few fans will forget. Following a controversial offensive foul assessed to C.J. Fair with 10.4 seconds remaining, Jim Boeheim picked up two technical fouls in quick succession to see his night come to a premature end.
During his angry reaction Boeheim took off (partially) his coat, which was auctioned off at Jim and Juli Boeheim’s annual Basket Ball auction with proceeds benefitting their foundation. The price paid for the coat: $14,000.
In the video above coaches Boeheim, Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski, Louisville’s Rick Pitino and North Carolina’s Roy Williams discussed the ejection and the auction of the coat. And during the conversation Boeheim states jokingly that he may need to pull off a similar stunt when the Orange visit North Carolina next season.
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 5
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 30
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 6
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 1
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 2
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (31)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)