Jun 19, 2014, 11:07 PM EST
On February 22, Syracuse made its first trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium as a member of the ACC and the matchup provided a finish few fans will forget. Following a controversial offensive foul assessed to C.J. Fair with 10.4 seconds remaining, Jim Boeheim picked up two technical fouls in quick succession to see his night come to a premature end.
During his angry reaction Boeheim took off (partially) his coat, which was auctioned off at Jim and Juli Boeheim’s annual Basket Ball auction with proceeds benefitting their foundation. The price paid for the coat: $14,000.
In the video above coaches Boeheim, Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski, Louisville’s Rick Pitino and North Carolina’s Roy Williams discussed the ejection and the auction of the coat. And during the conversation Boeheim states jokingly that he may need to pull off a similar stunt when the Orange visit North Carolina next season.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)