Jun 19, 2014, 11:07 PM EDT
On February 22, Syracuse made its first trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium as a member of the ACC and the matchup provided a finish few fans will forget. Following a controversial offensive foul assessed to C.J. Fair with 10.4 seconds remaining, Jim Boeheim picked up two technical fouls in quick succession to see his night come to a premature end.
During his angry reaction Boeheim took off (partially) his coat, which was auctioned off at Jim and Juli Boeheim’s annual Basket Ball auction with proceeds benefitting their foundation. The price paid for the coat: $14,000.
In the video above coaches Boeheim, Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski, Louisville’s Rick Pitino and North Carolina’s Roy Williams discussed the ejection and the auction of the coat. And during the conversation Boeheim states jokingly that he may need to pull off a similar stunt when the Orange visit North Carolina next season.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)