Jun 19, 2014, 11:07 PM EDT
On February 22, Syracuse made its first trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium as a member of the ACC and the matchup provided a finish few fans will forget. Following a controversial offensive foul assessed to C.J. Fair with 10.4 seconds remaining, Jim Boeheim picked up two technical fouls in quick succession to see his night come to a premature end.
During his angry reaction Boeheim took off (partially) his coat, which was auctioned off at Jim and Juli Boeheim’s annual Basket Ball auction with proceeds benefitting their foundation. The price paid for the coat: $14,000.
In the video above coaches Boeheim, Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski, Louisville’s Rick Pitino and North Carolina’s Roy Williams discussed the ejection and the auction of the coat. And during the conversation Boeheim states jokingly that he may need to pull off a similar stunt when the Orange visit North Carolina next season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)