Jun 19, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
While roles have yet to be determined, one newcomer in position to have an impact at Kentucky next season is point guard Tyler Ulis. His arrival gives the Wildcats needed depth at the position, and could also result in lessening the load on Andrew Harrison’s shoulders when it comes to setting up his teammates.
But Ulis sparked some concern amongst the Wildcat faithful Thursday morning, as he was seen in photo posted by Kentucky Sports Radio with a walking boot on his right foot. However according to the program Ulis is wearing the boot for precautionary reasons, as he sprained his right ankle during a pickup game.
Ulis finished his high school season playing at less than full strength due to turf toe, according to a Southtown Star article written back in late March. Obviously the two injuries aren’t connected, and the fact that Kentucky doesn’t see Ulis’ ankle sprain being a major issue represents positive news.
Kentucky will take a summer trip to the Bahamas in mid-August, playing six games against three opponents.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 6
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 13
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)