Jun 19, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
While roles have yet to be determined, one newcomer in position to have an impact at Kentucky next season is point guard Tyler Ulis. His arrival gives the Wildcats needed depth at the position, and could also result in lessening the load on Andrew Harrison’s shoulders when it comes to setting up his teammates.
But Ulis sparked some concern amongst the Wildcat faithful Thursday morning, as he was seen in photo posted by Kentucky Sports Radio with a walking boot on his right foot. However according to the program Ulis is wearing the boot for precautionary reasons, as he sprained his right ankle during a pickup game.
Ulis finished his high school season playing at less than full strength due to turf toe, according to a Southtown Star article written back in late March. Obviously the two injuries aren’t connected, and the fact that Kentucky doesn’t see Ulis’ ankle sprain being a major issue represents positive news.
Kentucky will take a summer trip to the Bahamas in mid-August, playing six games against three opponents.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 1
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)