Jun 19, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
While roles have yet to be determined, one newcomer in position to have an impact at Kentucky next season is point guard Tyler Ulis. His arrival gives the Wildcats needed depth at the position, and could also result in lessening the load on Andrew Harrison’s shoulders when it comes to setting up his teammates.
But Ulis sparked some concern amongst the Wildcat faithful Thursday morning, as he was seen in photo posted by Kentucky Sports Radio with a walking boot on his right foot. However according to the program Ulis is wearing the boot for precautionary reasons, as he sprained his right ankle during a pickup game.
Ulis finished his high school season playing at less than full strength due to turf toe, according to a Southtown Star article written back in late March. Obviously the two injuries aren’t connected, and the fact that Kentucky doesn’t see Ulis’ ankle sprain being a major issue represents positive news.
Kentucky will take a summer trip to the Bahamas in mid-August, playing six games against three opponents.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)