Jun 19, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
While roles have yet to be determined, one newcomer in position to have an impact at Kentucky next season is point guard Tyler Ulis. His arrival gives the Wildcats needed depth at the position, and could also result in lessening the load on Andrew Harrison’s shoulders when it comes to setting up his teammates.
But Ulis sparked some concern amongst the Wildcat faithful Thursday morning, as he was seen in photo posted by Kentucky Sports Radio with a walking boot on his right foot. However according to the program Ulis is wearing the boot for precautionary reasons, as he sprained his right ankle during a pickup game.
Ulis finished his high school season playing at less than full strength due to turf toe, according to a Southtown Star article written back in late March. Obviously the two injuries aren’t connected, and the fact that Kentucky doesn’t see Ulis’ ankle sprain being a major issue represents positive news.
Kentucky will take a summer trip to the Bahamas in mid-August, playing six games against three opponents.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)