Jun 19, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
While roles have yet to be determined, one newcomer in position to have an impact at Kentucky next season is point guard Tyler Ulis. His arrival gives the Wildcats needed depth at the position, and could also result in lessening the load on Andrew Harrison’s shoulders when it comes to setting up his teammates.
But Ulis sparked some concern amongst the Wildcat faithful Thursday morning, as he was seen in photo posted by Kentucky Sports Radio with a walking boot on his right foot. However according to the program Ulis is wearing the boot for precautionary reasons, as he sprained his right ankle during a pickup game.
Ulis finished his high school season playing at less than full strength due to turf toe, according to a Southtown Star article written back in late March. Obviously the two injuries aren’t connected, and the fact that Kentucky doesn’t see Ulis’ ankle sprain being a major issue represents positive news.
Kentucky will take a summer trip to the Bahamas in mid-August, playing six games against three opponents.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)