Jun 19, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
Louisville transfer Kevin Ware has received a waiver to play during the 2014-2015 season at Georgia State.
“Thanking God for another day and blessing me with immediate eligibility to play this year!” Ware tweeted on Thursday morning.
Ware became a sensation during the 2013 NCAA Tournament when he went down with a gruesome, compound fracture of his lower right leg during an Elite 8 game against Duke. The Cardinals would go on to win the national title that year in their teammate’s honor, and Ware spent the summer rehabbing and doing a television talk show national tour.
Things didn’t work out for Ware during the 2013-2014 season, however, playing in nine games before he was shut down for the season. He transferred out of the Louisville program after the season ended and wound up at Georgia State, where he will team up with Kentucky transfer Ryan Harrow and R.J. Hunter, one of the best mid-major back courts in the country last season.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)