Jun 19, 2014, 9:48 AM EST
Louisville transfer Kevin Ware has received a waiver to play during the 2014-2015 season at Georgia State.
“Thanking God for another day and blessing me with immediate eligibility to play this year!” Ware tweeted on Thursday morning.
Ware became a sensation during the 2013 NCAA Tournament when he went down with a gruesome, compound fracture of his lower right leg during an Elite 8 game against Duke. The Cardinals would go on to win the national title that year in their teammate’s honor, and Ware spent the summer rehabbing and doing a television talk show national tour.
Things didn’t work out for Ware during the 2013-2014 season, however, playing in nine games before he was shut down for the season. He transferred out of the Louisville program after the season ended and wound up at Georgia State, where he will team up with Kentucky transfer Ryan Harrow and R.J. Hunter, one of the best mid-major back courts in the country last season.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)