Jun 19, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
Louisville transfer Kevin Ware has received a waiver to play during the 2014-2015 season at Georgia State.
“Thanking God for another day and blessing me with immediate eligibility to play this year!” Ware tweeted on Thursday morning.
Ware became a sensation during the 2013 NCAA Tournament when he went down with a gruesome, compound fracture of his lower right leg during an Elite 8 game against Duke. The Cardinals would go on to win the national title that year in their teammate’s honor, and Ware spent the summer rehabbing and doing a television talk show national tour.
Things didn’t work out for Ware during the 2013-2014 season, however, playing in nine games before he was shut down for the season. He transferred out of the Louisville program after the season ended and wound up at Georgia State, where he will team up with Kentucky transfer Ryan Harrow and R.J. Hunter, one of the best mid-major back courts in the country last season.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)