Jun 19, 2014, 9:48 AM EST
Louisville transfer Kevin Ware has received a waiver to play during the 2014-2015 season at Georgia State.
“Thanking God for another day and blessing me with immediate eligibility to play this year!” Ware tweeted on Thursday morning.
Ware became a sensation during the 2013 NCAA Tournament when he went down with a gruesome, compound fracture of his lower right leg during an Elite 8 game against Duke. The Cardinals would go on to win the national title that year in their teammate’s honor, and Ware spent the summer rehabbing and doing a television talk show national tour.
Things didn’t work out for Ware during the 2013-2014 season, however, playing in nine games before he was shut down for the season. He transferred out of the Louisville program after the season ended and wound up at Georgia State, where he will team up with Kentucky transfer Ryan Harrow and R.J. Hunter, one of the best mid-major back courts in the country last season.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)