Jun 19, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
Louisville transfer Kevin Ware has received a waiver to play during the 2014-2015 season at Georgia State.
“Thanking God for another day and blessing me with immediate eligibility to play this year!” Ware tweeted on Thursday morning.
Ware became a sensation during the 2013 NCAA Tournament when he went down with a gruesome, compound fracture of his lower right leg during an Elite 8 game against Duke. The Cardinals would go on to win the national title that year in their teammate’s honor, and Ware spent the summer rehabbing and doing a television talk show national tour.
Things didn’t work out for Ware during the 2013-2014 season, however, playing in nine games before he was shut down for the season. He transferred out of the Louisville program after the season ended and wound up at Georgia State, where he will team up with Kentucky transfer Ryan Harrow and R.J. Hunter, one of the best mid-major back courts in the country last season.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)