Jun 20, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
Arkansas State is coming off of back-to-back 19-win seasons under head coach John Brady and the Red Wolves added an experienced combo guard late this week when junior college guard C.J. Foster committed to the program. The school announced the addition of Foster in a release.
A 6-foot-3 native of Georgia, Foster played for Roane State Community College in Harriman, Tennessee last season and averaged 13.7 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game. Foster shot 47 percent from the floor, 36 percent from three-point range and 77 percent from the free-throw line in 22 games last season.
Foster will have three years of eligibility remaining at Arkansas State.
“We are pleased C.J. has decided to join the Arkansas State men’s basketball program,” Brady said in the release. “He’s a combination-type guard with good size. C.J. can shoot it well from the three-point line and can make a play off the dribble. He’s an excellent student and is a great addition to our team.”
Foster should offset the loss of senior guard Ed Townsel as Arkansas State adds an eight-man recruiting class for the 2014-15 season.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)