Jun 20, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
Arkansas State is coming off of back-to-back 19-win seasons under head coach John Brady and the Red Wolves added an experienced combo guard late this week when junior college guard C.J. Foster committed to the program. The school announced the addition of Foster in a release.
A 6-foot-3 native of Georgia, Foster played for Roane State Community College in Harriman, Tennessee last season and averaged 13.7 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game. Foster shot 47 percent from the floor, 36 percent from three-point range and 77 percent from the free-throw line in 22 games last season.
Foster will have three years of eligibility remaining at Arkansas State.
“We are pleased C.J. has decided to join the Arkansas State men’s basketball program,” Brady said in the release. “He’s a combination-type guard with good size. C.J. can shoot it well from the three-point line and can make a play off the dribble. He’s an excellent student and is a great addition to our team.”
Foster should offset the loss of senior guard Ed Townsel as Arkansas State adds an eight-man recruiting class for the 2014-15 season.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)