Jun 20, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
Arkansas State is coming off of back-to-back 19-win seasons under head coach John Brady and the Red Wolves added an experienced combo guard late this week when junior college guard C.J. Foster committed to the program. The school announced the addition of Foster in a release.
A 6-foot-3 native of Georgia, Foster played for Roane State Community College in Harriman, Tennessee last season and averaged 13.7 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game. Foster shot 47 percent from the floor, 36 percent from three-point range and 77 percent from the free-throw line in 22 games last season.
Foster will have three years of eligibility remaining at Arkansas State.
“We are pleased C.J. has decided to join the Arkansas State men’s basketball program,” Brady said in the release. “He’s a combination-type guard with good size. C.J. can shoot it well from the three-point line and can make a play off the dribble. He’s an excellent student and is a great addition to our team.”
Foster should offset the loss of senior guard Ed Townsel as Arkansas State adds an eight-man recruiting class for the 2014-15 season.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)