Jun 20, 2014, 11:54 PM EST
Arkansas State is coming off of back-to-back 19-win seasons under head coach John Brady and the Red Wolves added an experienced combo guard late this week when junior college guard C.J. Foster committed to the program. The school announced the addition of Foster in a release.
A 6-foot-3 native of Georgia, Foster played for Roane State Community College in Harriman, Tennessee last season and averaged 13.7 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.4 assists per game. Foster shot 47 percent from the floor, 36 percent from three-point range and 77 percent from the free-throw line in 22 games last season.
Foster will have three years of eligibility remaining at Arkansas State.
“We are pleased C.J. has decided to join the Arkansas State men’s basketball program,” Brady said in the release. “He’s a combination-type guard with good size. C.J. can shoot it well from the three-point line and can make a play off the dribble. He’s an excellent student and is a great addition to our team.”
Foster should offset the loss of senior guard Ed Townsel as Arkansas State adds an eight-man recruiting class for the 2014-15 season.
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 1
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)