Jun 20, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
After going through a 13-19 season in 2013-14, the Detroit Titans will have to account for the loss of second-leading scorer and leading rebounder Evan Bruinsma (12.5 ppg, 7.7 rpg).
Leading scorer Juwan Howard Jr. (18.2, 5.5) will be back for his senior season, and the fact that the Titans are able to take an offseason trip this summer will help head coach Ray McCallum Sr. in in his quest to find other scoring options. Friday the program announced its plans for a trip to Vancouver in mid-August, with the team playing four games over the course of five days.
Detroit’s first opponent on the trip (to be played August 14) has yet to be named, but that contest will be followed by games against the University of British Columbia (August 15), the University of Fraser Valley (August 17) and Trinity Western University (August 18).
“This is a great opportunity for us to bring our team together in the summer to get in 10 practices to help build our identity,” McCallum said in the release. “I’ve been on a lot of these trips and after each one our team has really grown together and gotten better, it’s a great experience.”
The team, which leaves for Vancouver on August 13, will return to campus on August 21 after spending two games in Whistler, B.C. Detroit adds four newcomers to the program, including junior college transfer Sky McClelland. Arizona State transfer Brandan Kearney will have to sit out the 2014-15 campaign per NCAA transfer rules.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)