Jun 20, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT
In early May guard Dominic Artis was one of three players dismissed from the Oregon basketball program after being accused of sexually assaulting a female student. No charges were filed due to the Lane County district attorney concluding that after reviewing the case there wasn’t enough evidence to prove the charges “beyond a reasonable doubt.”
The police report made available revealed some disturbing details of the events that led to the criminal investigation, which ultimately led to the school’s decision to dismiss Artis and teammates Brandon Austin and Damyean Dotson from the program. Artis has begun the process of looking for a new school, and on Friday he visited St. John’s according to multiple outlets.
In a story written by Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com, Artis’ grassroots coach Mark Olivier of the Oakland Soldiers noted that Artis liked St. John’s. But, any discussions of Artis possibly committing in the very near future are premature, as the school administration would need to do its due diligence before signing off on the possibility should the guard pick St. John’s.
The question is what the response from the fan base and other members of the campus community, be it St. John’s or any other school whose basketball program would consider to add one of these three players, will be.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)