Jun 20, 2014, 4:44 PM EST
In early May guard Dominic Artis was one of three players dismissed from the Oregon basketball program after being accused of sexually assaulting a female student. No charges were filed due to the Lane County district attorney concluding that after reviewing the case there wasn’t enough evidence to prove the charges “beyond a reasonable doubt.”
The police report made available revealed some disturbing details of the events that led to the criminal investigation, which ultimately led to the school’s decision to dismiss Artis and teammates Brandon Austin and Damyean Dotson from the program. Artis has begun the process of looking for a new school, and on Friday he visited St. John’s according to multiple outlets.
In a story written by Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com, Artis’ grassroots coach Mark Olivier of the Oakland Soldiers noted that Artis liked St. John’s. But, any discussions of Artis possibly committing in the very near future are premature, as the school administration would need to do its due diligence before signing off on the possibility should the guard pick St. John’s.
The question is what the response from the fan base and other members of the campus community, be it St. John’s or any other school whose basketball program would consider to add one of these three players, will be.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)