Jun 20, 2014, 4:44 PM EST
In early May guard Dominic Artis was one of three players dismissed from the Oregon basketball program after being accused of sexually assaulting a female student. No charges were filed due to the Lane County district attorney concluding that after reviewing the case there wasn’t enough evidence to prove the charges “beyond a reasonable doubt.”
The police report made available revealed some disturbing details of the events that led to the criminal investigation, which ultimately led to the school’s decision to dismiss Artis and teammates Brandon Austin and Damyean Dotson from the program. Artis has begun the process of looking for a new school, and on Friday he visited St. John’s according to multiple outlets.
In a story written by Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com, Artis’ grassroots coach Mark Olivier of the Oakland Soldiers noted that Artis liked St. John’s. But, any discussions of Artis possibly committing in the very near future are premature, as the school administration would need to do its due diligence before signing off on the possibility should the guard pick St. John’s.
The question is what the response from the fan base and other members of the campus community, be it St. John’s or any other school whose basketball program would consider to add one of these three players, will be.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 1
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)