Jun 20, 2014, 4:44 PM EST
In early May guard Dominic Artis was one of three players dismissed from the Oregon basketball program after being accused of sexually assaulting a female student. No charges were filed due to the Lane County district attorney concluding that after reviewing the case there wasn’t enough evidence to prove the charges “beyond a reasonable doubt.”
The police report made available revealed some disturbing details of the events that led to the criminal investigation, which ultimately led to the school’s decision to dismiss Artis and teammates Brandon Austin and Damyean Dotson from the program. Artis has begun the process of looking for a new school, and on Friday he visited St. John’s according to multiple outlets.
In a story written by Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com, Artis’ grassroots coach Mark Olivier of the Oakland Soldiers noted that Artis liked St. John’s. But, any discussions of Artis possibly committing in the very near future are premature, as the school administration would need to do its due diligence before signing off on the possibility should the guard pick St. John’s.
The question is what the response from the fan base and other members of the campus community, be it St. John’s or any other school whose basketball program would consider to add one of these three players, will be.
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)