Jun 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Louisiana Tech has now filled both assistant coaching vacancies on his staff, with it being reported by multiple outlets earlier this week that Darris Nichols will be making the move to Ruston. Nichols was a member of Mike Young’s staff at Wofford last season, spending the two seasons prior on the coaching staff at Northern Kentucky.
Nichols, who played his college basketball at West Virginia, joins Jordan Mincy as additions to the Louisiana Tech coaching staff. Louisiana Tech lost Derrick Jones to Vanderbilt and Isaac Brown to Wichita State earlier this offseason. The lone holdover on the staff is Dusty May, who just completed his sixth season as an assistant at Louisiana Tech.
Nichols joins a program that has enjoyed a lot of success over the last three years, with White’s Bulldogs winning nearly 25 games per season and posting a 29-8 mark in 2013-14. The Bulldogs won a share of the regular season title and reached the championship game of the conference tournament in their debut season in Conference USA, earning a spot in the Postseason NIT after losing to Tulsa.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)