Jun 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Louisiana Tech has now filled both assistant coaching vacancies on his staff, with it being reported by multiple outlets earlier this week that Darris Nichols will be making the move to Ruston. Nichols was a member of Mike Young’s staff at Wofford last season, spending the two seasons prior on the coaching staff at Northern Kentucky.
Nichols, who played his college basketball at West Virginia, joins Jordan Mincy as additions to the Louisiana Tech coaching staff. Louisiana Tech lost Derrick Jones to Vanderbilt and Isaac Brown to Wichita State earlier this offseason. The lone holdover on the staff is Dusty May, who just completed his sixth season as an assistant at Louisiana Tech.
Nichols joins a program that has enjoyed a lot of success over the last three years, with White’s Bulldogs winning nearly 25 games per season and posting a 29-8 mark in 2013-14. The Bulldogs won a share of the regular season title and reached the championship game of the conference tournament in their debut season in Conference USA, earning a spot in the Postseason NIT after losing to Tulsa.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)