Jun 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Louisiana Tech has now filled both assistant coaching vacancies on his staff, with it being reported by multiple outlets earlier this week that Darris Nichols will be making the move to Ruston. Nichols was a member of Mike Young’s staff at Wofford last season, spending the two seasons prior on the coaching staff at Northern Kentucky.
Nichols, who played his college basketball at West Virginia, joins Jordan Mincy as additions to the Louisiana Tech coaching staff. Louisiana Tech lost Derrick Jones to Vanderbilt and Isaac Brown to Wichita State earlier this offseason. The lone holdover on the staff is Dusty May, who just completed his sixth season as an assistant at Louisiana Tech.
Nichols joins a program that has enjoyed a lot of success over the last three years, with White’s Bulldogs winning nearly 25 games per season and posting a 29-8 mark in 2013-14. The Bulldogs won a share of the regular season title and reached the championship game of the conference tournament in their debut season in Conference USA, earning a spot in the Postseason NIT after losing to Tulsa.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)