Jun 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Louisiana Tech has now filled both assistant coaching vacancies on his staff, with it being reported by multiple outlets earlier this week that Darris Nichols will be making the move to Ruston. Nichols was a member of Mike Young’s staff at Wofford last season, spending the two seasons prior on the coaching staff at Northern Kentucky.
Nichols, who played his college basketball at West Virginia, joins Jordan Mincy as additions to the Louisiana Tech coaching staff. Louisiana Tech lost Derrick Jones to Vanderbilt and Isaac Brown to Wichita State earlier this offseason. The lone holdover on the staff is Dusty May, who just completed his sixth season as an assistant at Louisiana Tech.
Nichols joins a program that has enjoyed a lot of success over the last three years, with White’s Bulldogs winning nearly 25 games per season and posting a 29-8 mark in 2013-14. The Bulldogs won a share of the regular season title and reached the championship game of the conference tournament in their debut season in Conference USA, earning a spot in the Postseason NIT after losing to Tulsa.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)