Jun 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Louisiana Tech has now filled both assistant coaching vacancies on his staff, with it being reported by multiple outlets earlier this week that Darris Nichols will be making the move to Ruston. Nichols was a member of Mike Young’s staff at Wofford last season, spending the two seasons prior on the coaching staff at Northern Kentucky.
Nichols, who played his college basketball at West Virginia, joins Jordan Mincy as additions to the Louisiana Tech coaching staff. Louisiana Tech lost Derrick Jones to Vanderbilt and Isaac Brown to Wichita State earlier this offseason. The lone holdover on the staff is Dusty May, who just completed his sixth season as an assistant at Louisiana Tech.
Nichols joins a program that has enjoyed a lot of success over the last three years, with White’s Bulldogs winning nearly 25 games per season and posting a 29-8 mark in 2013-14. The Bulldogs won a share of the regular season title and reached the championship game of the conference tournament in their debut season in Conference USA, earning a spot in the Postseason NIT after losing to Tulsa.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)