Jun 20, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
After serving as North Dakota’s director of basketball operations for the last two seasons, Steve Grabowski has been promoted to an assistant coaching position by head coach Brian Jones. The news was formally announced by the school Friday morning. Prior to joining the North Dakota program, Grabowski spent seven seasons as an assistant at Minot State.
“Steve has done an unbelievable job the past two seasons as our director of operations and is certainly deserving of this promotion,” Jones said in the release. “He is a tireless worker who brings a great deal of experience from a recruiting standpoint, but more importantly is a very good teacher and mentor for our players.”
Grabowski joins Jason Shay as an assistant on Jones’ coaching staff, and his replacement as director of basketball operations was announced as well on Friday. Jeff Horner, who played collegiately at Iowa, will take over that role after serving as head coach at Valley High School in West Des Moines, Iowa.
North Dakota lost two assistants at the end of the 2013-14 season, with Gameli Ahelegbe joining Craig Smith’s staff at South Dakota and Dean Oliver now an assistant under Dan Muller at Illinois State.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1