Jun 20, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
After serving as North Dakota’s director of basketball operations for the last two seasons, Steve Grabowski has been promoted to an assistant coaching position by head coach Brian Jones. The news was formally announced by the school Friday morning. Prior to joining the North Dakota program, Grabowski spent seven seasons as an assistant at Minot State.
“Steve has done an unbelievable job the past two seasons as our director of operations and is certainly deserving of this promotion,” Jones said in the release. “He is a tireless worker who brings a great deal of experience from a recruiting standpoint, but more importantly is a very good teacher and mentor for our players.”
Grabowski joins Jason Shay as an assistant on Jones’ coaching staff, and his replacement as director of basketball operations was announced as well on Friday. Jeff Horner, who played collegiately at Iowa, will take over that role after serving as head coach at Valley High School in West Des Moines, Iowa.
North Dakota lost two assistants at the end of the 2013-14 season, with Gameli Ahelegbe joining Craig Smith’s staff at South Dakota and Dean Oliver now an assistant under Dan Muller at Illinois State.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)