Jun 20, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
After serving as North Dakota’s director of basketball operations for the last two seasons, Steve Grabowski has been promoted to an assistant coaching position by head coach Brian Jones. The news was formally announced by the school Friday morning. Prior to joining the North Dakota program, Grabowski spent seven seasons as an assistant at Minot State.
“Steve has done an unbelievable job the past two seasons as our director of operations and is certainly deserving of this promotion,” Jones said in the release. “He is a tireless worker who brings a great deal of experience from a recruiting standpoint, but more importantly is a very good teacher and mentor for our players.”
Grabowski joins Jason Shay as an assistant on Jones’ coaching staff, and his replacement as director of basketball operations was announced as well on Friday. Jeff Horner, who played collegiately at Iowa, will take over that role after serving as head coach at Valley High School in West Des Moines, Iowa.
North Dakota lost two assistants at the end of the 2013-14 season, with Gameli Ahelegbe joining Craig Smith’s staff at South Dakota and Dean Oliver now an assistant under Dan Muller at Illinois State.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0