Jun 20, 2014, 11:59 AM EST
After serving as North Dakota’s director of basketball operations for the last two seasons, Steve Grabowski has been promoted to an assistant coaching position by head coach Brian Jones. The news was formally announced by the school Friday morning. Prior to joining the North Dakota program, Grabowski spent seven seasons as an assistant at Minot State.
“Steve has done an unbelievable job the past two seasons as our director of operations and is certainly deserving of this promotion,” Jones said in the release. “He is a tireless worker who brings a great deal of experience from a recruiting standpoint, but more importantly is a very good teacher and mentor for our players.”
Grabowski joins Jason Shay as an assistant on Jones’ coaching staff, and his replacement as director of basketball operations was announced as well on Friday. Jeff Horner, who played collegiately at Iowa, will take over that role after serving as head coach at Valley High School in West Des Moines, Iowa.
North Dakota lost two assistants at the end of the 2013-14 season, with Gameli Ahelegbe joining Craig Smith’s staff at South Dakota and Dean Oliver now an assistant under Dan Muller at Illinois State.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)