Jun 20, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
UNC Wilmington picked up a key transfer on Friday evening as new head coach Kevin Keatts and the Seahawks landed former Charlotte guard Denzel Ingram.
The news was first reported by Rick Lewis of Phenom Hoops Report.
Ingram averaged at least 24 minutes a game in his two seasons at Charlotte and the 6-foot guard improved his shooting percentages significantly as a sophomore.
During the 2013-14 season, Ingram averaged 8.1 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game for the 49ers while shooting 43 percent from the field and 44 percent from three-point range.
As a freshman, Ingram only shot 37 percent from the field and 27 percent from three-point territory.
As the new head coach at UNC-Wilmington, Keatts has done a nice job of rebuilding the program’s backcourt depth in a matter of months. Keatts added 2014 point guard commitments from Malik Pugh and Jordan Talley and also added Jacksonville transfer Jarvis Haywood this offseason.
Haywood and Ingram will both sit out the 2014-15 season due to NCAA transfer rules, but both should have a big impact on the program when they’re available the following season.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)