Jun 20, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
UNC Wilmington picked up a key transfer on Friday evening as new head coach Kevin Keatts and the Seahawks landed former Charlotte guard Denzel Ingram.
The news was first reported by Rick Lewis of Phenom Hoops Report.
Ingram averaged at least 24 minutes a game in his two seasons at Charlotte and the 6-foot guard improved his shooting percentages significantly as a sophomore.
During the 2013-14 season, Ingram averaged 8.1 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game for the 49ers while shooting 43 percent from the field and 44 percent from three-point range.
As a freshman, Ingram only shot 37 percent from the field and 27 percent from three-point territory.
As the new head coach at UNC-Wilmington, Keatts has done a nice job of rebuilding the program’s backcourt depth in a matter of months. Keatts added 2014 point guard commitments from Malik Pugh and Jordan Talley and also added Jacksonville transfer Jarvis Haywood this offseason.
Haywood and Ingram will both sit out the 2014-15 season due to NCAA transfer rules, but both should have a big impact on the program when they’re available the following season.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 0
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)