Jun 20, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
UNC Wilmington picked up a key transfer on Friday evening as new head coach Kevin Keatts and the Seahawks landed former Charlotte guard Denzel Ingram.
The news was first reported by Rick Lewis of Phenom Hoops Report.
Ingram averaged at least 24 minutes a game in his two seasons at Charlotte and the 6-foot guard improved his shooting percentages significantly as a sophomore.
During the 2013-14 season, Ingram averaged 8.1 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game for the 49ers while shooting 43 percent from the field and 44 percent from three-point range.
As a freshman, Ingram only shot 37 percent from the field and 27 percent from three-point territory.
As the new head coach at UNC-Wilmington, Keatts has done a nice job of rebuilding the program’s backcourt depth in a matter of months. Keatts added 2014 point guard commitments from Malik Pugh and Jordan Talley and also added Jacksonville transfer Jarvis Haywood this offseason.
Haywood and Ingram will both sit out the 2014-15 season due to NCAA transfer rules, but both should have a big impact on the program when they’re available the following season.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)