Jun 20, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
The USA U18 team opened up play at the FIBA Americas tournament in Colorado Springs on Friday night with a 156-58 drubbing of Uruguay as 10 different players finished in double-figures.
After jumping out to a 44-15 lead after the first quarter, USA kept building the lead from there as they overpowered a helpless Uruguay squad thanks to its depth, athleticism and a very disruptive 1-2-1-1 full-court press.
Duke commit Luke Kennard, a member of the 2015 class, finished with a team-high 30 points in only 22 minutes of play while also adding four assists and four steals. Another future Blue Devil, Justise Winslow, finished with 15 points on the night and class of 2015 point guard Jalen Brunson had the United States’ only double-double with 11 points and 13 assists.
Texas commit Myles Turner added 14 points and eight rebounds for Team USA and class of 2015 members, guard Allonzo Trier and forward Chase Jeter, each added 14 points of their own.
You can see the complete Team USA box score below. The next game for USA is tomorrow night in more pool play action against Mexico at 7:30 p.m. EST.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)