Jun 20, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
The USA U18 team opened up play at the FIBA Americas tournament in Colorado Springs on Friday night with a 156-58 drubbing of Uruguay as 10 different players finished in double-figures.
After jumping out to a 44-15 lead after the first quarter, USA kept building the lead from there as they overpowered a helpless Uruguay squad thanks to its depth, athleticism and a very disruptive 1-2-1-1 full-court press.
Duke commit Luke Kennard, a member of the 2015 class, finished with a team-high 30 points in only 22 minutes of play while also adding four assists and four steals. Another future Blue Devil, Justise Winslow, finished with 15 points on the night and class of 2015 point guard Jalen Brunson had the United States’ only double-double with 11 points and 13 assists.
Texas commit Myles Turner added 14 points and eight rebounds for Team USA and class of 2015 members, guard Allonzo Trier and forward Chase Jeter, each added 14 points of their own.
You can see the complete Team USA box score below. The next game for USA is tomorrow night in more pool play action against Mexico at 7:30 p.m. EST.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 0
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)