Jun 20, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
The USA U18 team opened up play at the FIBA Americas tournament in Colorado Springs on Friday night with a 156-58 drubbing of Uruguay as 10 different players finished in double-figures.
After jumping out to a 44-15 lead after the first quarter, USA kept building the lead from there as they overpowered a helpless Uruguay squad thanks to its depth, athleticism and a very disruptive 1-2-1-1 full-court press.
Duke commit Luke Kennard, a member of the 2015 class, finished with a team-high 30 points in only 22 minutes of play while also adding four assists and four steals. Another future Blue Devil, Justise Winslow, finished with 15 points on the night and class of 2015 point guard Jalen Brunson had the United States’ only double-double with 11 points and 13 assists.
Texas commit Myles Turner added 14 points and eight rebounds for Team USA and class of 2015 members, guard Allonzo Trier and forward Chase Jeter, each added 14 points of their own.
You can see the complete Team USA box score below. The next game for USA is tomorrow night in more pool play action against Mexico at 7:30 p.m. EST.
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)