Jun 20, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
The USA U18 team opened up play at the FIBA Americas tournament in Colorado Springs on Friday night with a 156-58 drubbing of Uruguay as 10 different players finished in double-figures.
After jumping out to a 44-15 lead after the first quarter, USA kept building the lead from there as they overpowered a helpless Uruguay squad thanks to its depth, athleticism and a very disruptive 1-2-1-1 full-court press.
Duke commit Luke Kennard, a member of the 2015 class, finished with a team-high 30 points in only 22 minutes of play while also adding four assists and four steals. Another future Blue Devil, Justise Winslow, finished with 15 points on the night and class of 2015 point guard Jalen Brunson had the United States’ only double-double with 11 points and 13 assists.
Texas commit Myles Turner added 14 points and eight rebounds for Team USA and class of 2015 members, guard Allonzo Trier and forward Chase Jeter, each added 14 points of their own.
You can see the complete Team USA box score below. The next game for USA is tomorrow night in more pool play action against Mexico at 7:30 p.m. EST.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)