Jun 21, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Cincinnati has a lot of new pieces to get acclimated before the 2014-15 season and the Bearcats and head coach Mick Cronin will be aided by the team’s exhibition trip to the Bahamas in August. The school announced the trip in a release late this week.
Cronin’s squad will be in the Bahamas from August 12-17 and play local professional team, the PJ Stingers, at Nassau’s Kendal G.L. Isaacs National Gymnasium on August 15th and also have an intrasquad scrimmage the next morning. The Bearcats also get 10 additional days of practice for the trip beginning the week of July 28 to prepare.
“With so many new faces on the roster this trip allows us the opportunity to get some extra practice time, build team chemistry and get a head start for the coming season,” Cronin said in the release. “We’re excited to bring the team together for this trip. The practice time will be invaluable to our development.”
The Bearcats have five new players on the roster and they redshirted two players last season, so the additional time together for Mick Cronin’s bunch will be valuable.
Ge’Lawn Guyn and Shaquille Thomas both return in the Cincinnati starting lineup, but the Bearcats lose valuable leadership from Sean Kilpatrick, Titus Rubles and Justin Jackson. This trip can help Cincinnati stabilize a potential starting lineup for next season.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)