Jun 22, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
June has been a good month for the Michigan State basketball program. Former Spartans Gary Harris and Adreian Payne will sit in the green room at Thursday night’s NBA Draft, as both prospects could be picked in the top 20. Earlier this month, Tom Izzo added to his Class of 2015.
Michigan State also landed two of the top transfers in the country this month in West Virginia’s Eron Harris and Cleveland State’s Bryn Forbes. The Spartans good fortune can continue this month as Forbes hopes to receive immediate eligibility.
While Harris sits out the 2014-2015 season due to NCAA transfer rules the school has applied for a hardship waiver for Forbes, and hopes to hear a decision back by the end of June.
“We put that in, we’ll probably know at the end of the month what’s going to happen,” Forbes said on The Drive with Jack on The Game 730 AM on Thursday.
If the NCAA does grant Forbes immediate eligibility, it will help combat the departure of Michigan State’s starting back court from a season ago. Forbes would be part of a perimeter that includes Travis Trice, Lourawls Nairn, a four-star point guard and Denzel Valentine, who was Forbes’ high school teammate at Sexton High in Lansing.
The 6-foot-3 Forbes averaged 15.6 points and 3.1 rebounds per game as a sophomore for Cleveland State. He transferred to Michigan State on June 13.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)