Jun 22, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
June has been a good month for the Michigan State basketball program. Former Spartans Gary Harris and Adreian Payne will sit in the green room at Thursday night’s NBA Draft, as both prospects could be picked in the top 20. Earlier this month, Tom Izzo added to his Class of 2015.
Michigan State also landed two of the top transfers in the country this month in West Virginia’s Eron Harris and Cleveland State’s Bryn Forbes. The Spartans good fortune can continue this month as Forbes hopes to receive immediate eligibility.
While Harris sits out the 2014-2015 season due to NCAA transfer rules the school has applied for a hardship waiver for Forbes, and hopes to hear a decision back by the end of June.
“We put that in, we’ll probably know at the end of the month what’s going to happen,” Forbes said on The Drive with Jack on The Game 730 AM on Thursday.
If the NCAA does grant Forbes immediate eligibility, it will help combat the departure of Michigan State’s starting back court from a season ago. Forbes would be part of a perimeter that includes Travis Trice, Lourawls Nairn, a four-star point guard and Denzel Valentine, who was Forbes’ high school teammate at Sexton High in Lansing.
The 6-foot-3 Forbes averaged 15.6 points and 3.1 rebounds per game as a sophomore for Cleveland State. He transferred to Michigan State on June 13.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)