Jun 22, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
For the third day in a row, the Canadian U18 national team walked away with a double-digit victory at the FIBA Americas U18 Championships in Colorado Springs.
On Sunday, Canada knocked off Puerto Rico, 91-70. That gives Canada a 3-0 record (other two wins against Brazil and the Dominican Republic) in Group A preliminary play.
While USA Basketball U18 team is loaded from top to bottom with highly-touted recruits, Canada has also displayed its up-and-coming talent this week in Colorado.
Findlay Prep (Nevada) three-star 2015 small forward Dillon Brooks poured in a game-high 26 points. Harvard-bound Chris Egi stuffed the stat sheet on Sunday afternoon with a 20-point, 14-rebound, 4-block effort. Huntington Prep (West Virginia) wing, struggled against Puerto Rico, shooting 3-of-12 for nine points, but the No. 22 overall recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals, is the second leading scorer in the entire tournament, behind Brooks.
Canada advances to the FIBA Americas semifinals, playing either the U.S. or Argentina on Monday. That game is set for a 5:15 p.m. EDT start.
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)