Jun 22, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
The USA Basketball U18 jumped out to an early lead en route to another lopsided win on Saturday night, taking down Mexico, 100-46, in Group B pool play at the FIBA Americas Championships in Colorado Springs.
Arizona-bound Stanley Johnson led all scorers with 18 points, adding seven boards. The future Wildcat was one of five players to score in double figures. Allonzo Trier and Duke signee Justise Winslow each added 14, followed by Jalen Brunson with 11 and Chase Jeter with 10.
On Friday night, USA Basketball dominated Uruguay with a 156-58 victory. USA Basketball finishes group play on Sunday evening against Argentina, which also enters the game with a 2-0 record.
“[Argentina] always have a good system,” USA Basketball head coach Billy Donovan said after Saturday’s win. “They’re going to move and pass the basketball; they’re going to run their offense, and they do a good job. I think for us, we have to get back to our style of play and get the game going up and down. We’ve got to try to get pressure and take them out, because when they get on their half-court, they do a nice job executing and screening.”
Sunday’s contest between USA and Argentina is set for 7:30 p.m. EDT.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0