Jun 22, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
The USA Basketball U18 jumped out to an early lead en route to another lopsided win on Saturday night, taking down Mexico, 100-46, in Group B pool play at the FIBA Americas Championships in Colorado Springs.
Arizona-bound Stanley Johnson led all scorers with 18 points, adding seven boards. The future Wildcat was one of five players to score in double figures. Allonzo Trier and Duke signee Justise Winslow each added 14, followed by Jalen Brunson with 11 and Chase Jeter with 10.
On Friday night, USA Basketball dominated Uruguay with a 156-58 victory. USA Basketball finishes group play on Sunday evening against Argentina, which also enters the game with a 2-0 record.
“[Argentina] always have a good system,” USA Basketball head coach Billy Donovan said after Saturday’s win. “They’re going to move and pass the basketball; they’re going to run their offense, and they do a good job. I think for us, we have to get back to our style of play and get the game going up and down. We’ve got to try to get pressure and take them out, because when they get on their half-court, they do a nice job executing and screening.”
Sunday’s contest between USA and Argentina is set for 7:30 p.m. EDT.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)