Jun 22, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
The USA Basketball U18 jumped out to an early lead en route to another lopsided win on Saturday night, taking down Mexico, 100-46, in Group B pool play at the FIBA Americas Championships in Colorado Springs.
Arizona-bound Stanley Johnson led all scorers with 18 points, adding seven boards. The future Wildcat was one of five players to score in double figures. Allonzo Trier and Duke signee Justise Winslow each added 14, followed by Jalen Brunson with 11 and Chase Jeter with 10.
On Friday night, USA Basketball dominated Uruguay with a 156-58 victory. USA Basketball finishes group play on Sunday evening against Argentina, which also enters the game with a 2-0 record.
“[Argentina] always have a good system,” USA Basketball head coach Billy Donovan said after Saturday’s win. “They’re going to move and pass the basketball; they’re going to run their offense, and they do a good job. I think for us, we have to get back to our style of play and get the game going up and down. We’ve got to try to get pressure and take them out, because when they get on their half-court, they do a nice job executing and screening.”
Sunday’s contest between USA and Argentina is set for 7:30 p.m. EDT.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)