Jun 23, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Illinois head coach John Groce is getting very involved in his team’s offseason training regimen and that included jumping into a raft filled with ice water on Monday.
The men’s and women’s basketball team at Illinois is doing some work with former U.S. Navy SEAL John McGuire this week as McGuire now runs SEAL Team Physical Training. As you can see by Groce’s reaction, this water is probably ridiculously cold.
While Groce is happy to jump into the water and freeze to help motivate his team, can you imagine if some other coaches tried this tactic with their teams? Which head coach would you like to see attempt this ice-raft jump the most?
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)