Jun 23, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Illinois head coach John Groce is getting very involved in his team’s offseason training regimen and that included jumping into a raft filled with ice water on Monday.
The men’s and women’s basketball team at Illinois is doing some work with former U.S. Navy SEAL John McGuire this week as McGuire now runs SEAL Team Physical Training. As you can see by Groce’s reaction, this water is probably ridiculously cold.
While Groce is happy to jump into the water and freeze to help motivate his team, can you imagine if some other coaches tried this tactic with their teams? Which head coach would you like to see attempt this ice-raft jump the most?
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)