Jun 23, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Illinois head coach John Groce is getting very involved in his team’s offseason training regimen and that included jumping into a raft filled with ice water on Monday.
The men’s and women’s basketball team at Illinois is doing some work with former U.S. Navy SEAL John McGuire this week as McGuire now runs SEAL Team Physical Training. As you can see by Groce’s reaction, this water is probably ridiculously cold.
While Groce is happy to jump into the water and freeze to help motivate his team, can you imagine if some other coaches tried this tactic with their teams? Which head coach would you like to see attempt this ice-raft jump the most?
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener (2)