Jun 23, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Illinois head coach John Groce is getting very involved in his team’s offseason training regimen and that included jumping into a raft filled with ice water on Monday.
The men’s and women’s basketball team at Illinois is doing some work with former U.S. Navy SEAL John McGuire this week as McGuire now runs SEAL Team Physical Training. As you can see by Groce’s reaction, this water is probably ridiculously cold.
While Groce is happy to jump into the water and freeze to help motivate his team, can you imagine if some other coaches tried this tactic with their teams? Which head coach would you like to see attempt this ice-raft jump the most?
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 1
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)