Jun 23, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Illinois head coach John Groce is getting very involved in his team’s offseason training regimen and that included jumping into a raft filled with ice water on Monday.
The men’s and women’s basketball team at Illinois is doing some work with former U.S. Navy SEAL John McGuire this week as McGuire now runs SEAL Team Physical Training. As you can see by Groce’s reaction, this water is probably ridiculously cold.
While Groce is happy to jump into the water and freeze to help motivate his team, can you imagine if some other coaches tried this tactic with their teams? Which head coach would you like to see attempt this ice-raft jump the most?
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)