Jun 23, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Illinois head coach John Groce is getting very involved in his team’s offseason training regimen and that included jumping into a raft filled with ice water on Monday.
The men’s and women’s basketball team at Illinois is doing some work with former U.S. Navy SEAL John McGuire this week as McGuire now runs SEAL Team Physical Training. As you can see by Groce’s reaction, this water is probably ridiculously cold.
While Groce is happy to jump into the water and freeze to help motivate his team, can you imagine if some other coaches tried this tactic with their teams? Which head coach would you like to see attempt this ice-raft jump the most?
- Hoiberg to Chicago means Iowa State has everything riding on hiring right replacement 2
- Brandon Austin’s latest mistake: using the media to try and garner sympathy 2
- Former Missouri forward Johnathan Williams III transfers to Gonzaga 2
- Reports: #FredHoibergWatch takes another step forward 0
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 44
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Auburn center Trayvon Reed released from jail (5)
- Amidst Iowa State rumors, Jeff Hornacek discusses commitment to Phoenix Suns (5)
- Roy Williams says he has not yet seen UNC’s Notice of Allegations (5)
- Report: San Diego State coach Steve Fisher wants to get rid of one-and-done (4)