Jun 24, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
The youngest son of Doc Rivers has decided where he will be playing his college ball.
On Tuesday, the Orlando Sentinel reported that Spencer Rivers will be attending UC-Irvine in 2014-2015. Rivers was a point guard at Winter Park HS (FL) last season, be he’s going across the country in part because the school is a mere 45 minutes from where his dad coaches the LA Clippers.
Spencer is the third son of Doc’s, and he’ll be the third to play basketball at the Division I level. Austin played one season at Duke before becoming a lottery pick while Jeremiah played two seasons at Georgetown before transferring to Indiana.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)