Jun 24, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
The youngest son of Doc Rivers has decided where he will be playing his college ball.
On Tuesday, the Orlando Sentinel reported that Spencer Rivers will be attending UC-Irvine in 2014-2015. Rivers was a point guard at Winter Park HS (FL) last season, be he’s going across the country in part because the school is a mere 45 minutes from where his dad coaches the LA Clippers.
Spencer is the third son of Doc’s, and he’ll be the third to play basketball at the Division I level. Austin played one season at Duke before becoming a lottery pick while Jeremiah played two seasons at Georgetown before transferring to Indiana.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)