Jun 24, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
The youngest son of Doc Rivers has decided where he will be playing his college ball.
On Tuesday, the Orlando Sentinel reported that Spencer Rivers will be attending UC-Irvine in 2014-2015. Rivers was a point guard at Winter Park HS (FL) last season, be he’s going across the country in part because the school is a mere 45 minutes from where his dad coaches the LA Clippers.
Spencer is the third son of Doc’s, and he’ll be the third to play basketball at the Division I level. Austin played one season at Duke before becoming a lottery pick while Jeremiah played two seasons at Georgetown before transferring to Indiana.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)