Jun 24, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
The youngest son of Doc Rivers has decided where he will be playing his college ball.
On Tuesday, the Orlando Sentinel reported that Spencer Rivers will be attending UC-Irvine in 2014-2015. Rivers was a point guard at Winter Park HS (FL) last season, be he’s going across the country in part because the school is a mere 45 minutes from where his dad coaches the LA Clippers.
Spencer is the third son of Doc’s, and he’ll be the third to play basketball at the Division I level. Austin played one season at Duke before becoming a lottery pick while Jeremiah played two seasons at Georgetown before transferring to Indiana.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)