Jun 24, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
The youngest son of Doc Rivers has decided where he will be playing his college ball.
On Tuesday, the Orlando Sentinel reported that Spencer Rivers will be attending UC-Irvine in 2014-2015. Rivers was a point guard at Winter Park HS (FL) last season, be he’s going across the country in part because the school is a mere 45 minutes from where his dad coaches the LA Clippers.
Spencer is the third son of Doc’s, and he’ll be the third to play basketball at the Division I level. Austin played one season at Duke before becoming a lottery pick while Jeremiah played two seasons at Georgetown before transferring to Indiana.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Ron Baker was the best college player for Team USA at Pan-Am Games (2)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)