Jun 24, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Dominic Artis, the former Oregon point guard, is in search of a new school. He was reportedly interested in St. John’s, however, that interest is no longer being reciprocated.
Artis played two seasons at Oregon, but was dismissed from the program along with Damyean Dotson and Brandon Austin on May 9. The trio was involved in a rape accusation that took place back in March. Only Dotson was investigated, but Artis and Austin were both named in the police report. No charges were ever filed, after police determined the available evidence was insufficient to prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt.
The police report revealed the disturbing allegations from the events that took place on March 8. Oregon’s season did not end until March 22 in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament. Dotson and Artis continued to play (Austin was sitting out due to NCAA transfer rules), which directed criticism toward Oregon head coach Dana Altman.
All three will be removed from the Eugene campus for 10 years, according to a recent report.
In 53 games with the Ducks, Artis averaged 6.4 points, 2.1 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)