Jun 24, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Dominic Artis, the former Oregon point guard, is in search of a new school. He was reportedly interested in St. John’s, however, that interest is no longer being reciprocated.
Artis played two seasons at Oregon, but was dismissed from the program along with Damyean Dotson and Brandon Austin on May 9. The trio was involved in a rape accusation that took place back in March. Only Dotson was investigated, but Artis and Austin were both named in the police report. No charges were ever filed, after police determined the available evidence was insufficient to prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt.
The police report revealed the disturbing allegations from the events that took place on March 8. Oregon’s season did not end until March 22 in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament. Dotson and Artis continued to play (Austin was sitting out due to NCAA transfer rules), which directed criticism toward Oregon head coach Dana Altman.
All three will be removed from the Eugene campus for 10 years, according to a recent report.
In 53 games with the Ducks, Artis averaged 6.4 points, 2.1 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)