Jun 24, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Dominic Artis, the former Oregon point guard, is in search of a new school. He was reportedly interested in St. John’s, however, that interest is no longer being reciprocated.
Artis played two seasons at Oregon, but was dismissed from the program along with Damyean Dotson and Brandon Austin on May 9. The trio was involved in a rape accusation that took place back in March. Only Dotson was investigated, but Artis and Austin were both named in the police report. No charges were ever filed, after police determined the available evidence was insufficient to prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt.
The police report revealed the disturbing allegations from the events that took place on March 8. Oregon’s season did not end until March 22 in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament. Dotson and Artis continued to play (Austin was sitting out due to NCAA transfer rules), which directed criticism toward Oregon head coach Dana Altman.
All three will be removed from the Eugene campus for 10 years, according to a recent report.
In 53 games with the Ducks, Artis averaged 6.4 points, 2.1 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)