Jun 24, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Dominic Artis, the former Oregon point guard, is in search of a new school. He was reportedly interested in St. John’s, however, that interest is no longer being reciprocated.
Artis played two seasons at Oregon, but was dismissed from the program along with Damyean Dotson and Brandon Austin on May 9. The trio was involved in a rape accusation that took place back in March. Only Dotson was investigated, but Artis and Austin were both named in the police report. No charges were ever filed, after police determined the available evidence was insufficient to prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt.
The police report revealed the disturbing allegations from the events that took place on March 8. Oregon’s season did not end until March 22 in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament. Dotson and Artis continued to play (Austin was sitting out due to NCAA transfer rules), which directed criticism toward Oregon head coach Dana Altman.
All three will be removed from the Eugene campus for 10 years, according to a recent report.
In 53 games with the Ducks, Artis averaged 6.4 points, 2.1 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)