Jun 24, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Dominic Artis, the former Oregon point guard, is in search of a new school. He was reportedly interested in St. John’s, however, that interest is no longer being reciprocated.
Artis played two seasons at Oregon, but was dismissed from the program along with Damyean Dotson and Brandon Austin on May 9. The trio was involved in a rape accusation that took place back in March. Only Dotson was investigated, but Artis and Austin were both named in the police report. No charges were ever filed, after police determined the available evidence was insufficient to prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt.
The police report revealed the disturbing allegations from the events that took place on March 8. Oregon’s season did not end until March 22 in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament. Dotson and Artis continued to play (Austin was sitting out due to NCAA transfer rules), which directed criticism toward Oregon head coach Dana Altman.
All three will be removed from the Eugene campus for 10 years, according to a recent report.
In 53 games with the Ducks, Artis averaged 6.4 points, 2.1 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)