Jun 24, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
The Raleigh, North Carolina native is returning home.
West Virginia transfer guard Terry Henderson has committed to N.C. State, according to Jeff Ermann of InsideMDSports.com, who reported the news on Tuesday night.
The 6-foot-4 guard had cut his list to seven — Cincinnati, Maryland, N.C. State, Richmond, Rutgers, UCLA and Wake Forest — in late May, and scheduled visits to Maryland, UCLA and Wake Forest. At Maryland, he was courted by fellow Raleigh native, Dez Wells.
Henderson transferred following his sophomore season, and was the third leading scorer for the Mountaineers at 11.2 points per game. He was the second West Virginia guard to leave the program behind second-leading scorer Eron Harris. Earlier this month, Harris enrolled at Michigan State.
The 6-foot-4 Henderson will sit out next season, due to NCAA transfer rules and will have two remaining years of eligibility starting in the 2015-2016 season.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 1
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)