Jun 25, 2014, 5:57 PM EDT
Wednesday morning the two semifinal matchups for the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic, which will be played on November 21-22 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, were announced by the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC). In the first semifinal round matchup Stanford will play UNLV, with Duke and Temple playing in the nightcap.
The third place and championship games will be played the following night.
Of the four teams two, Duke and Stanford, reached the NCAA tournament last season with Stanford knocking off New Mexico and Kansas on its way to the Sweet 16. UNLV and Temple did not play in a postseason tournament last year, with the Owls losing 20 or more games in a season for the first time in school history.
Each of the two teams will also play two home games prior to the championship rounds at the Barclays Center. Those matchups will be announced at a later date.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)