Jun 25, 2014, 5:57 PM EDT
Wednesday morning the two semifinal matchups for the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic, which will be played on November 21-22 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, were announced by the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC). In the first semifinal round matchup Stanford will play UNLV, with Duke and Temple playing in the nightcap.
The third place and championship games will be played the following night.
Of the four teams two, Duke and Stanford, reached the NCAA tournament last season with Stanford knocking off New Mexico and Kansas on its way to the Sweet 16. UNLV and Temple did not play in a postseason tournament last year, with the Owls losing 20 or more games in a season for the first time in school history.
Each of the two teams will also play two home games prior to the championship rounds at the Barclays Center. Those matchups will be announced at a later date.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)