Jun 25, 2014, 5:57 PM EST
Wednesday morning the two semifinal matchups for the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic, which will be played on November 21-22 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, were announced by the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC). In the first semifinal round matchup Stanford will play UNLV, with Duke and Temple playing in the nightcap.
The third place and championship games will be played the following night.
Of the four teams two, Duke and Stanford, reached the NCAA tournament last season with Stanford knocking off New Mexico and Kansas on its way to the Sweet 16. UNLV and Temple did not play in a postseason tournament last year, with the Owls losing 20 or more games in a season for the first time in school history.
Each of the two teams will also play two home games prior to the championship rounds at the Barclays Center. Those matchups will be announced at a later date.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)