Jun 25, 2014, 5:57 PM EDT
Wednesday morning the two semifinal matchups for the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic, which will be played on November 21-22 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, were announced by the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC). In the first semifinal round matchup Stanford will play UNLV, with Duke and Temple playing in the nightcap.
The third place and championship games will be played the following night.
Of the four teams two, Duke and Stanford, reached the NCAA tournament last season with Stanford knocking off New Mexico and Kansas on its way to the Sweet 16. UNLV and Temple did not play in a postseason tournament last year, with the Owls losing 20 or more games in a season for the first time in school history.
Each of the two teams will also play two home games prior to the championship rounds at the Barclays Center. Those matchups will be announced at a later date.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)