Jun 25, 2014, 5:57 PM EDT
Wednesday morning the two semifinal matchups for the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic, which will be played on November 21-22 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, were announced by the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC). In the first semifinal round matchup Stanford will play UNLV, with Duke and Temple playing in the nightcap.
The third place and championship games will be played the following night.
Of the four teams two, Duke and Stanford, reached the NCAA tournament last season with Stanford knocking off New Mexico and Kansas on its way to the Sweet 16. UNLV and Temple did not play in a postseason tournament last year, with the Owls losing 20 or more games in a season for the first time in school history.
Each of the two teams will also play two home games prior to the championship rounds at the Barclays Center. Those matchups will be announced at a later date.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)