Jun 25, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
After playing an average of 5.5 minutes per game in two seasons at Kansas, 6-foot-6 guard Andrew White III made the decision to leave the program with an eye towards earning more playing time at his new school. Wednesday afternoon White tweeted where he’ll be taking his first visit, with Nebraska being the destination.
White will be on the Lincoln campus June 26 and 27, per his tweet.
Nebraska, which won 19 games and reached the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1998, doesn’t lack for options on the perimeter with Terran Petteway and Shavon Shields being their leading offensive options. Petteway, in his first season after transferring in from Texas Tech, led the Huskers in scoring with an average of 18.1 points per game and earned first team All-Big Ten honors.
Shields was second on the team in scoring with 12.8 points per game, and he led Nebraska with an average of 5.8 rebounds per game. Both will be juniors in 2014-15, as will guard Benny Parker with Tai Webster being a sophomore next season.
Multiple programs have reached out to White since he announced his decision to leave Kansas last month, including Notre Dame, Maryland and Miami.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)