Jun 25, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
After playing an average of 5.5 minutes per game in two seasons at Kansas, 6-foot-6 guard Andrew White III made the decision to leave the program with an eye towards earning more playing time at his new school. Wednesday afternoon White tweeted where he’ll be taking his first visit, with Nebraska being the destination.
White will be on the Lincoln campus June 26 and 27, per his tweet.
Nebraska, which won 19 games and reached the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1998, doesn’t lack for options on the perimeter with Terran Petteway and Shavon Shields being their leading offensive options. Petteway, in his first season after transferring in from Texas Tech, led the Huskers in scoring with an average of 18.1 points per game and earned first team All-Big Ten honors.
Shields was second on the team in scoring with 12.8 points per game, and he led Nebraska with an average of 5.8 rebounds per game. Both will be juniors in 2014-15, as will guard Benny Parker with Tai Webster being a sophomore next season.
Multiple programs have reached out to White since he announced his decision to leave Kansas last month, including Notre Dame, Maryland and Miami.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)