Jun 25, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
After playing an average of 5.5 minutes per game in two seasons at Kansas, 6-foot-6 guard Andrew White III made the decision to leave the program with an eye towards earning more playing time at his new school. Wednesday afternoon White tweeted where he’ll be taking his first visit, with Nebraska being the destination.
White will be on the Lincoln campus June 26 and 27, per his tweet.
Nebraska, which won 19 games and reached the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1998, doesn’t lack for options on the perimeter with Terran Petteway and Shavon Shields being their leading offensive options. Petteway, in his first season after transferring in from Texas Tech, led the Huskers in scoring with an average of 18.1 points per game and earned first team All-Big Ten honors.
Shields was second on the team in scoring with 12.8 points per game, and he led Nebraska with an average of 5.8 rebounds per game. Both will be juniors in 2014-15, as will guard Benny Parker with Tai Webster being a sophomore next season.
Multiple programs have reached out to White since he announced his decision to leave Kansas last month, including Notre Dame, Maryland and Miami.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)