Jun 25, 2014, 8:22 PM EDT
After spending the last two seasons on Johnny Jones’ staff at LSU as an assistant, David Patrick has been promoted to assistant head coach. The news was formally announced by the school Wednesday, with this being the second change to the LSU coaching staff this spring.
“When Coach Jones discussed with me in April about this promotion, I was very grateful. I cannot thank Coach and the LSU administration enough for giving me the opportunity to coach at the best University in the country,” Patrick said in the release.
“I am blessed to help Coach Jones in his quest to get LSU back to Final Fours. He is not only a great coach; he is a great person, which makes working and playing for him special. My family is thankful to be in the Tiger Family.”
Recently Eric Musselman, who was a member of Herb Sendek’s staff at Arizona State last season and has coaching experience at both the college and pro levels, was hired to join the staff following the departure of Korey McCray. The other assistant on the LSU coaching staff is Charlie Leonard, who has been with Jones for a total of 13 seasons (11 at North Texas).
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)