Jun 25, 2014, 8:22 PM EDT
After spending the last two seasons on Johnny Jones’ staff at LSU as an assistant, David Patrick has been promoted to assistant head coach. The news was formally announced by the school Wednesday, with this being the second change to the LSU coaching staff this spring.
“When Coach Jones discussed with me in April about this promotion, I was very grateful. I cannot thank Coach and the LSU administration enough for giving me the opportunity to coach at the best University in the country,” Patrick said in the release.
“I am blessed to help Coach Jones in his quest to get LSU back to Final Fours. He is not only a great coach; he is a great person, which makes working and playing for him special. My family is thankful to be in the Tiger Family.”
Recently Eric Musselman, who was a member of Herb Sendek’s staff at Arizona State last season and has coaching experience at both the college and pro levels, was hired to join the staff following the departure of Korey McCray. The other assistant on the LSU coaching staff is Charlie Leonard, who has been with Jones for a total of 13 seasons (11 at North Texas).
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)