Jun 25, 2014, 8:22 PM EDT
After spending the last two seasons on Johnny Jones’ staff at LSU as an assistant, David Patrick has been promoted to assistant head coach. The news was formally announced by the school Wednesday, with this being the second change to the LSU coaching staff this spring.
“When Coach Jones discussed with me in April about this promotion, I was very grateful. I cannot thank Coach and the LSU administration enough for giving me the opportunity to coach at the best University in the country,” Patrick said in the release.
“I am blessed to help Coach Jones in his quest to get LSU back to Final Fours. He is not only a great coach; he is a great person, which makes working and playing for him special. My family is thankful to be in the Tiger Family.”
Recently Eric Musselman, who was a member of Herb Sendek’s staff at Arizona State last season and has coaching experience at both the college and pro levels, was hired to join the staff following the departure of Korey McCray. The other assistant on the LSU coaching staff is Charlie Leonard, who has been with Jones for a total of 13 seasons (11 at North Texas).
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)