Jun 25, 2014, 8:22 PM EDT
After spending the last two seasons on Johnny Jones’ staff at LSU as an assistant, David Patrick has been promoted to assistant head coach. The news was formally announced by the school Wednesday, with this being the second change to the LSU coaching staff this spring.
“When Coach Jones discussed with me in April about this promotion, I was very grateful. I cannot thank Coach and the LSU administration enough for giving me the opportunity to coach at the best University in the country,” Patrick said in the release.
“I am blessed to help Coach Jones in his quest to get LSU back to Final Fours. He is not only a great coach; he is a great person, which makes working and playing for him special. My family is thankful to be in the Tiger Family.”
Recently Eric Musselman, who was a member of Herb Sendek’s staff at Arizona State last season and has coaching experience at both the college and pro levels, was hired to join the staff following the departure of Korey McCray. The other assistant on the LSU coaching staff is Charlie Leonard, who has been with Jones for a total of 13 seasons (11 at North Texas).
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)