Jun 25, 2014, 12:51 PM EST
Georgios Papagiannis, a top 50 recruit in the class of 2015, will leave his high school in Pennsylvania to sign with Panathinaikos, one of the best Greek pro clubs.
Papagiannis is is a seven-foot center that played for the Westtown School this past season. He averaged 8.1 points and 6.1 boards for Team Takeover in the EYBL this spring.
There is a report out saying that Papagiannis will play for Panathinaikos as an amateur, meaning that he would be able to keep his collegiate eligibility if he wanted to return to the States for the 2015-2016 season.
He will be eligible for the 2016 NBA Draft.
Papagiannis had reportedly visited Maryland and Penn State unofficially.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)