Jun 25, 2014, 12:51 PM EST
Georgios Papagiannis, a top 50 recruit in the class of 2015, will leave his high school in Pennsylvania to sign with Panathinaikos, one of the best Greek pro clubs.
Papagiannis is is a seven-foot center that played for the Westtown School this past season. He averaged 8.1 points and 6.1 boards for Team Takeover in the EYBL this spring.
There is a report out saying that Papagiannis will play for Panathinaikos as an amateur, meaning that he would be able to keep his collegiate eligibility if he wanted to return to the States for the 2015-2016 season.
He will be eligible for the 2016 NBA Draft.
Papagiannis had reportedly visited Maryland and Penn State unofficially.
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 0
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)