Jun 25, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Georgios Papagiannis, a top 50 recruit in the class of 2015, will leave his high school in Pennsylvania to sign with Panathinaikos, one of the best Greek pro clubs.
Papagiannis is is a seven-foot center that played for the Westtown School this past season. He averaged 8.1 points and 6.1 boards for Team Takeover in the EYBL this spring.
There is a report out saying that Papagiannis will play for Panathinaikos as an amateur, meaning that he would be able to keep his collegiate eligibility if he wanted to return to the States for the 2015-2016 season.
He will be eligible for the 2016 NBA Draft.
Papagiannis had reportedly visited Maryland and Penn State unofficially.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)