Jun 25, 2014, 12:51 PM EST
Georgios Papagiannis, a top 50 recruit in the class of 2015, will leave his high school in Pennsylvania to sign with Panathinaikos, one of the best Greek pro clubs.
Papagiannis is is a seven-foot center that played for the Westtown School this past season. He averaged 8.1 points and 6.1 boards for Team Takeover in the EYBL this spring.
There is a report out saying that Papagiannis will play for Panathinaikos as an amateur, meaning that he would be able to keep his collegiate eligibility if he wanted to return to the States for the 2015-2016 season.
He will be eligible for the 2016 NBA Draft.
Papagiannis had reportedly visited Maryland and Penn State unofficially.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)