Jun 25, 2014, 12:51 PM EDT
Georgios Papagiannis, a top 50 recruit in the class of 2015, will leave his high school in Pennsylvania to sign with Panathinaikos, one of the best Greek pro clubs.
Papagiannis is is a seven-foot center that played for the Westtown School this past season. He averaged 8.1 points and 6.1 boards for Team Takeover in the EYBL this spring.
There is a report out saying that Papagiannis will play for Panathinaikos as an amateur, meaning that he would be able to keep his collegiate eligibility if he wanted to return to the States for the 2015-2016 season.
He will be eligible for the 2016 NBA Draft.
Papagiannis had reportedly visited Maryland and Penn State unofficially.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (71)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)