Jun 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
The NBA Draft begins in just a few short hours, and if you are looking for any insight as to who the Cavs will take with the first pick or how far Joel Embiid is going to fall in the lottery, this isn’t the place.
I don’t have that answer.
No one has those answers other than the people that are making those picks.
What we do have, however, is quite a bit of insight into the players that are being drafted out of college. We’ve been watching these kids play for years, some from the time they were 14 years old, so I feel comfortable saying that we have a pretty good feel on the players that are being picked.
Here’s the analysis that we’ve done over the course of the last two weeks:
- Eight underrated prospects
- Five overrated players
- The top ten players in five years
- Six players that will be busts
- Eight second round sleepers
- Five safest picks in the draft
We also wrote a couple of features over the last two weeks:
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)