Jun 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The NBA Draft begins in just a few short hours, and if you are looking for any insight as to who the Cavs will take with the first pick or how far Joel Embiid is going to fall in the lottery, this isn’t the place.
I don’t have that answer.
No one has those answers other than the people that are making those picks.
What we do have, however, is quite a bit of insight into the players that are being drafted out of college. We’ve been watching these kids play for years, some from the time they were 14 years old, so I feel comfortable saying that we have a pretty good feel on the players that are being picked.
Here’s the analysis that we’ve done over the course of the last two weeks:
- Eight underrated prospects
- Five overrated players
- The top ten players in five years
- Six players that will be busts
- Eight second round sleepers
- Five safest picks in the draft
We also wrote a couple of features over the last two weeks:
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)