Jun 26, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
Tramaine Isabell has landed at Missouri, according to a report from Scout.com.
Isabell is a three-star, Class of 2014 point guard from Seattle. He was originally committed to Washington State, but when Ken Bone was fired and Ernie Kent got hired, Isabell was released from his letter of intent.
Isabell may not have a huge impact immediately, but with Jordan Clarkson and Jabari Brown entering the NBA Draft and with Shane Rector transferring out of the program, the Tigers needed some back court depth.
Missouri already had one of the better recruiting classes in the SEC, and Isabell’s addition will only make them that much better. After Frank Haith left for Tulsa and Kim Anderson was hired as the Tiger’s new head coach, he was able to convince top 100 recruits JaKeenan Gant and Namon Wright to reaffirm their commitments to the program. He also managed to keep last year’s incoming talent — Wes Clark, Cam Biedscheid, Johnathan Williams III — from leaving the school.
The Tigers will be an interesting group to watch next season. There is talent on that roster, and while a lot of it is young, there will be plenty of opportunities for them to win in a watered down SEC.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)