Jun 26, 2014, 10:38 AM EST
Tramaine Isabell has landed at Missouri, according to a report from Scout.com.
Isabell is a three-star, Class of 2014 point guard from Seattle. He was originally committed to Washington State, but when Ken Bone was fired and Ernie Kent got hired, Isabell was released from his letter of intent.
Isabell may not have a huge impact immediately, but with Jordan Clarkson and Jabari Brown entering the NBA Draft and with Shane Rector transferring out of the program, the Tigers needed some back court depth.
Missouri already had one of the better recruiting classes in the SEC, and Isabell’s addition will only make them that much better. After Frank Haith left for Tulsa and Kim Anderson was hired as the Tiger’s new head coach, he was able to convince top 100 recruits JaKeenan Gant and Namon Wright to reaffirm their commitments to the program. He also managed to keep last year’s incoming talent — Wes Clark, Cam Biedscheid, Johnathan Williams III — from leaving the school.
The Tigers will be an interesting group to watch next season. There is talent on that roster, and while a lot of it is young, there will be plenty of opportunities for them to win in a watered down SEC.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)