Jun 26, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
Tramaine Isabell has landed at Missouri, according to a report from Scout.com.
Isabell is a three-star, Class of 2014 point guard from Seattle. He was originally committed to Washington State, but when Ken Bone was fired and Ernie Kent got hired, Isabell was released from his letter of intent.
Isabell may not have a huge impact immediately, but with Jordan Clarkson and Jabari Brown entering the NBA Draft and with Shane Rector transferring out of the program, the Tigers needed some back court depth.
Missouri already had one of the better recruiting classes in the SEC, and Isabell’s addition will only make them that much better. After Frank Haith left for Tulsa and Kim Anderson was hired as the Tiger’s new head coach, he was able to convince top 100 recruits JaKeenan Gant and Namon Wright to reaffirm their commitments to the program. He also managed to keep last year’s incoming talent — Wes Clark, Cam Biedscheid, Johnathan Williams III — from leaving the school.
The Tigers will be an interesting group to watch next season. There is talent on that roster, and while a lot of it is young, there will be plenty of opportunities for them to win in a watered down SEC.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)