Jun 26, 2014, 10:38 AM EST
Tramaine Isabell has landed at Missouri, according to a report from Scout.com.
Isabell is a three-star, Class of 2014 point guard from Seattle. He was originally committed to Washington State, but when Ken Bone was fired and Ernie Kent got hired, Isabell was released from his letter of intent.
Isabell may not have a huge impact immediately, but with Jordan Clarkson and Jabari Brown entering the NBA Draft and with Shane Rector transferring out of the program, the Tigers needed some back court depth.
Missouri already had one of the better recruiting classes in the SEC, and Isabell’s addition will only make them that much better. After Frank Haith left for Tulsa and Kim Anderson was hired as the Tiger’s new head coach, he was able to convince top 100 recruits JaKeenan Gant and Namon Wright to reaffirm their commitments to the program. He also managed to keep last year’s incoming talent — Wes Clark, Cam Biedscheid, Johnathan Williams III — from leaving the school.
The Tigers will be an interesting group to watch next season. There is talent on that roster, and while a lot of it is young, there will be plenty of opportunities for them to win in a watered down SEC.
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)