Jun 26, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
Tramaine Isabell has landed at Missouri, according to a report from Scout.com.
Isabell is a three-star, Class of 2014 point guard from Seattle. He was originally committed to Washington State, but when Ken Bone was fired and Ernie Kent got hired, Isabell was released from his letter of intent.
Isabell may not have a huge impact immediately, but with Jordan Clarkson and Jabari Brown entering the NBA Draft and with Shane Rector transferring out of the program, the Tigers needed some back court depth.
Missouri already had one of the better recruiting classes in the SEC, and Isabell’s addition will only make them that much better. After Frank Haith left for Tulsa and Kim Anderson was hired as the Tiger’s new head coach, he was able to convince top 100 recruits JaKeenan Gant and Namon Wright to reaffirm their commitments to the program. He also managed to keep last year’s incoming talent — Wes Clark, Cam Biedscheid, Johnathan Williams III — from leaving the school.
The Tigers will be an interesting group to watch next season. There is talent on that roster, and while a lot of it is young, there will be plenty of opportunities for them to win in a watered down SEC.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)