Jun 26, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
Thursday morning the full field for the 2014 Wooden Legacy was announced, with 2014 NCAA tournament participants Western Michigan and Xavier among the eight teams. Also in the field is Washington, which is looking to return to the NCAA tournament after missing out in each of the last three seasons, and Long Beach State will serve as the “host” team in the event that annually features a Big West program.
Princeton, San Diego, San Jose State and UTEP round out the eight-team field, with the event being played November 27 and 28 (Thursday and Friday) at Cal State Fullerton and November 30 (Sunday) at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.
Of the eight teams five participated in postseason play last year, with San Diego playing in the CollegeInsider.com Tournament and Princeton and UTEP landing in the CBI field. As mentioned above, Western Michigan (MAC tournament champions) and Xavier (at-large from the Big East) reached the NCAA tournament with the Broncos losing to Syracuse and the Musketeers falling to NC State.
From a wins standpoint UTEP and Western Michigan were the most successful teams in 2013-14, with each winning 23 games. San Jose State, in its first season as a member of the Mountain West, won just six games last season.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)