Jun 27, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
After a busy June filled with national camps, Rivals unveiled their latest Class of 2015 rankings on Friday. LSU commit and 6-foot-9 power forward Ben Simmons tops the rankings and is the new No. 1 prospect in the class after a strong spring in the Nike EYBL and a good showing at the NBPA Top 100 Camp.
Former No. 1 prospect, Malik Newman, slips to No. 2 and the Jackson, Mississippi native is still the most lethal scoring guard in the class.
Rounding out the new top five is new No. 3 overall prospect Jaylen Brown, a 6-foot-7 power wing from Georgia who has had a monster spring on the adidas Gauntlet with Game Elite, as well as winning a gold medal with the USA U18 team at FIBA Americas.
As Rivals national recruiting analyst Eric Bossi notes in his breakdown of the new rankings, No. 2-6 in the rankings all were considered for the No. 1 spot and this is a class that still has a lot of intrigue going into July.
Although multiple national recruiting analysts have told me that the Class of 2015 is one of the weaker classes in the last 10 years, there’s still plenty of talented players vying for the top spot.
The July live evaluation period begins on July 9th and College Basketball Talk will have plenty of recruiting news and notes from events going on from coast-to-coast.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)