Jun 27, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Colorado State received some positive news this week as rising senior forward Marcus Holt announced that he was returning to the program after he initially sought to transfer. The news of Holt’s return was provided in a release from Colorado State on Friday.
Although the 6-foot-10 Holt was only a role player for the Rams last season, he played in 30 of 32 games and averaged 3 points and 2.7 rebounds per game while also leading Colorado State with 21 blocks. The Colorado native also shot 59 percent from the field for the 2013-14 season.
“We are very happy to welcome Marcus back into our program,” said Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy in the release. “Competitive players always want to be in a situation where they feel like they can contribute to the success of a program. After exploring his options, Marcus decided that he can have that kind of impact at CSU, and my staff and I believe that too.”
Because Holt requested, and was granted, his release from Colorado State, he had to sign a new financial agreement with the school. Holt should give the Rams minutes inside along with J.J. Avila and Southern Illinois-transfer Dantiel Daniels.
“After taking some time to think about my future I have decided that I will be rejoining the Colorado State men’s basketball team,” Holt said in the release. “I want to thank Coach Eustachy for his support and understanding throughout this entire process. I appreciate him keeping the door open and allowing me to come back. I have discussed this with my teammates as well and they have welcomed me back with open arms. I really look forward to finishing my career in the green and gold as well as completing my degree.”
Colorado State has also received a commitment from former Iowa State guard Bubu Palo this spring, as Palo awaits to see if the NCAA will grant him a sixth season of eligibility.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)