Jun 27, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Colorado State received some positive news this week as rising senior forward Marcus Holt announced that he was returning to the program after he initially sought to transfer. The news of Holt’s return was provided in a release from Colorado State on Friday.
Although the 6-foot-10 Holt was only a role player for the Rams last season, he played in 30 of 32 games and averaged 3 points and 2.7 rebounds per game while also leading Colorado State with 21 blocks. The Colorado native also shot 59 percent from the field for the 2013-14 season.
“We are very happy to welcome Marcus back into our program,” said Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy in the release. “Competitive players always want to be in a situation where they feel like they can contribute to the success of a program. After exploring his options, Marcus decided that he can have that kind of impact at CSU, and my staff and I believe that too.”
Because Holt requested, and was granted, his release from Colorado State, he had to sign a new financial agreement with the school. Holt should give the Rams minutes inside along with J.J. Avila and Southern Illinois-transfer Dantiel Daniels.
“After taking some time to think about my future I have decided that I will be rejoining the Colorado State men’s basketball team,” Holt said in the release. “I want to thank Coach Eustachy for his support and understanding throughout this entire process. I appreciate him keeping the door open and allowing me to come back. I have discussed this with my teammates as well and they have welcomed me back with open arms. I really look forward to finishing my career in the green and gold as well as completing my degree.”
Colorado State has also received a commitment from former Iowa State guard Bubu Palo this spring, as Palo awaits to see if the NCAA will grant him a sixth season of eligibility.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)