Jun 27, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Colorado State received some positive news this week as rising senior forward Marcus Holt announced that he was returning to the program after he initially sought to transfer. The news of Holt’s return was provided in a release from Colorado State on Friday.
Although the 6-foot-10 Holt was only a role player for the Rams last season, he played in 30 of 32 games and averaged 3 points and 2.7 rebounds per game while also leading Colorado State with 21 blocks. The Colorado native also shot 59 percent from the field for the 2013-14 season.
“We are very happy to welcome Marcus back into our program,” said Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy in the release. “Competitive players always want to be in a situation where they feel like they can contribute to the success of a program. After exploring his options, Marcus decided that he can have that kind of impact at CSU, and my staff and I believe that too.”
Because Holt requested, and was granted, his release from Colorado State, he had to sign a new financial agreement with the school. Holt should give the Rams minutes inside along with J.J. Avila and Southern Illinois-transfer Dantiel Daniels.
“After taking some time to think about my future I have decided that I will be rejoining the Colorado State men’s basketball team,” Holt said in the release. “I want to thank Coach Eustachy for his support and understanding throughout this entire process. I appreciate him keeping the door open and allowing me to come back. I have discussed this with my teammates as well and they have welcomed me back with open arms. I really look forward to finishing my career in the green and gold as well as completing my degree.”
Colorado State has also received a commitment from former Iowa State guard Bubu Palo this spring, as Palo awaits to see if the NCAA will grant him a sixth season of eligibility.
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)