Jun 27, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Colorado State received some positive news this week as rising senior forward Marcus Holt announced that he was returning to the program after he initially sought to transfer. The news of Holt’s return was provided in a release from Colorado State on Friday.
Although the 6-foot-10 Holt was only a role player for the Rams last season, he played in 30 of 32 games and averaged 3 points and 2.7 rebounds per game while also leading Colorado State with 21 blocks. The Colorado native also shot 59 percent from the field for the 2013-14 season.
“We are very happy to welcome Marcus back into our program,” said Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy in the release. “Competitive players always want to be in a situation where they feel like they can contribute to the success of a program. After exploring his options, Marcus decided that he can have that kind of impact at CSU, and my staff and I believe that too.”
Because Holt requested, and was granted, his release from Colorado State, he had to sign a new financial agreement with the school. Holt should give the Rams minutes inside along with J.J. Avila and Southern Illinois-transfer Dantiel Daniels.
“After taking some time to think about my future I have decided that I will be rejoining the Colorado State men’s basketball team,” Holt said in the release. “I want to thank Coach Eustachy for his support and understanding throughout this entire process. I appreciate him keeping the door open and allowing me to come back. I have discussed this with my teammates as well and they have welcomed me back with open arms. I really look forward to finishing my career in the green and gold as well as completing my degree.”
Colorado State has also received a commitment from former Iowa State guard Bubu Palo this spring, as Palo awaits to see if the NCAA will grant him a sixth season of eligibility.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)