Jun 28, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
New Lamar head coach Tic Price has filled out his coaching staff for the 2014-15 season, with the school announcing the hiring of assistant coach Brian Burton and director of basketball operations Matt Pace on Friday. Burton, who spent his last three seasons at new Division I school Abilene Christian, takes over the role left vacant when Tony Madlock joined Andy Kennedy’s staff at Ole Miss.
Burton also has coaching experience at the junior college level, and that experience can help Lamar on the recruiting trail given the number of quality junior college programs in the state.
“Coach Burton a rising star with a high ceiling,” Price said in the release. “I believe he has a great future ahead of him. Brian has the ability relate well to players. One of the things I liked about him is that he is a tireless worker on the court and on the recruiting trail. He has a great eye for talent.”
Price will begin his first full season as the head coach at Lamar after serving as the team’s interim head coach in the last five games of the 2013-14 season. Lamar finished the year with a 4-26 record, going 3-15 in Southland Conference play. Lamar returns two of its top four scorers from that team, led by senior forward Donovan Ross (10.9 ppg, 5.2 rpg).
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)