Jun 28, 2014, 4:27 PM EST
In the weeks following the end of the 2013-14 season Indiana head coach Tom Crean had to account for the loss of two transfers, with Austin Etherington (Butler) and Jeremy Hollowell (Georgia State) both deciding that they would be better off finishing their college carers at other schools. Saturday the number of transfers since the end of the season increased to three, with it being reported by Zach Osterman of the Indianapolis Star that 7-foot center Peter Jurkin would be leaving the program.
Jurkin didn’t see much playing time during his two seasons at Indiana due in large part to leg injuries, playing in a total of 11 games as a result. Eight of those appearances came in 2013-14, with Jurkin scoring his only two points of the season in a win over Samford in mid-November. He grabbed three rebounds in a comfortable win over Evansville on November 26.
Jurkin’s playing time was unlikely to change in 2014-15 even with the Hoosiers’ lack of front court depth, and the uncertainty regarding his health didn’t help matters either, but his departure leaves Indiana another body short in that area.
Hanner Mosquera-Perea, who averaged 2.8 points and 2.1 rebounds per game in just under eight minutes of action per game last season, returns as do small forwards Troy Williams (7.3 ppg, 4.4 rpg) and Devin Davis (2.4, 2.6). And of the five newcomers joining the program two are big men, 6-foot-9 Tim Priller and 7-footer Jeremiah April.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)