Jun 28, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
In the weeks following the end of the 2013-14 season Indiana head coach Tom Crean had to account for the loss of two transfers, with Austin Etherington (Butler) and Jeremy Hollowell (Georgia State) both deciding that they would be better off finishing their college carers at other schools. Saturday the number of transfers since the end of the season increased to three, with it being reported by Zach Osterman of the Indianapolis Star that 7-foot center Peter Jurkin would be leaving the program.
Jurkin didn’t see much playing time during his two seasons at Indiana due in large part to leg injuries, playing in a total of 11 games as a result. Eight of those appearances came in 2013-14, with Jurkin scoring his only two points of the season in a win over Samford in mid-November. He grabbed three rebounds in a comfortable win over Evansville on November 26.
Jurkin’s playing time was unlikely to change in 2014-15 even with the Hoosiers’ lack of front court depth, and the uncertainty regarding his health didn’t help matters either, but his departure leaves Indiana another body short in that area.
Hanner Mosquera-Perea, who averaged 2.8 points and 2.1 rebounds per game in just under eight minutes of action per game last season, returns as do small forwards Troy Williams (7.3 ppg, 4.4 rpg) and Devin Davis (2.4, 2.6). And of the five newcomers joining the program two are big men, 6-foot-9 Tim Priller and 7-footer Jeremiah April.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)