Jun 28, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
In the weeks following the end of the 2013-14 season Indiana head coach Tom Crean had to account for the loss of two transfers, with Austin Etherington (Butler) and Jeremy Hollowell (Georgia State) both deciding that they would be better off finishing their college carers at other schools. Saturday the number of transfers since the end of the season increased to three, with it being reported by Zach Osterman of the Indianapolis Star that 7-foot center Peter Jurkin would be leaving the program.
Jurkin didn’t see much playing time during his two seasons at Indiana due in large part to leg injuries, playing in a total of 11 games as a result. Eight of those appearances came in 2013-14, with Jurkin scoring his only two points of the season in a win over Samford in mid-November. He grabbed three rebounds in a comfortable win over Evansville on November 26.
Jurkin’s playing time was unlikely to change in 2014-15 even with the Hoosiers’ lack of front court depth, and the uncertainty regarding his health didn’t help matters either, but his departure leaves Indiana another body short in that area.
Hanner Mosquera-Perea, who averaged 2.8 points and 2.1 rebounds per game in just under eight minutes of action per game last season, returns as do small forwards Troy Williams (7.3 ppg, 4.4 rpg) and Devin Davis (2.4, 2.6). And of the five newcomers joining the program two are big men, 6-foot-9 Tim Priller and 7-footer Jeremiah April.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)