Jun 29, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
The USA Basketball U18 team national team ran through the FIBA Americas U18 Championship field this past week, capping off the tournament with a 113-79 win over Canada in the gold medal game at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.
USA Basketball all five games by at least 34 points.
Stanley Johnson, the Arizona signee, wound up winning MVP honors while winning his third gold medal as part of Team USA. He and Duke-bound Justise Winslow dominated opposing perimeters, using their size and speed to come away with steal after steal in USA’s full-court press, which led to plenty of breakaway dunks.
With play-making guards like Tyus Jones, Winslow’s future teammate, and Jalen Brunson, a five-star point guard in the Class of 2015, big men like Stephen Zimmerman and Texas-commit Myles Turner also threw down some international posterizations. Allonzo Trier, Chase Jeter, Isaiah Briscoe and Jaylen Brown are also included in the two-minute mixtape.
This was the third consecutive FIBA Americas U18 Championship won by USA Basketball.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)