Jun 29, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
The USA Basketball U18 team national team ran through the FIBA Americas U18 Championship field this past week, capping off the tournament with a 113-79 win over Canada in the gold medal game at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.
USA Basketball all five games by at least 34 points.
Stanley Johnson, the Arizona signee, wound up winning MVP honors while winning his third gold medal as part of Team USA. He and Duke-bound Justise Winslow dominated opposing perimeters, using their size and speed to come away with steal after steal in USA’s full-court press, which led to plenty of breakaway dunks.
With play-making guards like Tyus Jones, Winslow’s future teammate, and Jalen Brunson, a five-star point guard in the Class of 2015, big men like Stephen Zimmerman and Texas-commit Myles Turner also threw down some international posterizations. Allonzo Trier, Chase Jeter, Isaiah Briscoe and Jaylen Brown are also included in the two-minute mixtape.
This was the third consecutive FIBA Americas U18 Championship won by USA Basketball.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)