Jun 30, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
The 6-foot-8 native of Georgia made the announcement on his Twitter. Dickerson is regarded as the No. 56 overall player in the 2015 class, according to Rivals, but Georgetown has also taken commitments in the 2015 class from New York big man Jessie Govan and Virginia big man Marcus Derrickson.
It simply seems like the Hoyas have too many talented front-court players in the same class, and with the July live evaluation period coming, Dickerson probably wanted to see which coaches would pay attention to him in July.
In 12 games with the Georgia Stars in the Nike EYBL this spring, Dickerson averaged 14.2 points and 8.4 rebounds per game and shot 53 percent from the field and 79 percent from the free-throw line. Dickerson also plays his high school ball at national basketball powerhouse Montverde Academy in Florida.
At 255 pounds, Dickerson is a lot to handle on the interior and he’s one of the better back-to-the-basket players in the class. He should receive plenty of recruiting attention in the next few weeks.
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)