Jun 30, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
The 6-foot-8 native of Georgia made the announcement on his Twitter. Dickerson is regarded as the No. 56 overall player in the 2015 class, according to Rivals, but Georgetown has also taken commitments in the 2015 class from New York big man Jessie Govan and Virginia big man Marcus Derrickson.
It simply seems like the Hoyas have too many talented front-court players in the same class, and with the July live evaluation period coming, Dickerson probably wanted to see which coaches would pay attention to him in July.
In 12 games with the Georgia Stars in the Nike EYBL this spring, Dickerson averaged 14.2 points and 8.4 rebounds per game and shot 53 percent from the field and 79 percent from the free-throw line. Dickerson also plays his high school ball at national basketball powerhouse Montverde Academy in Florida.
At 255 pounds, Dickerson is a lot to handle on the interior and he’s one of the better back-to-the-basket players in the class. He should receive plenty of recruiting attention in the next few weeks.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)