Jun 30, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
The 6-foot-8 native of Georgia made the announcement on his Twitter. Dickerson is regarded as the No. 56 overall player in the 2015 class, according to Rivals, but Georgetown has also taken commitments in the 2015 class from New York big man Jessie Govan and Virginia big man Marcus Derrickson.
It simply seems like the Hoyas have too many talented front-court players in the same class, and with the July live evaluation period coming, Dickerson probably wanted to see which coaches would pay attention to him in July.
In 12 games with the Georgia Stars in the Nike EYBL this spring, Dickerson averaged 14.2 points and 8.4 rebounds per game and shot 53 percent from the field and 79 percent from the free-throw line. Dickerson also plays his high school ball at national basketball powerhouse Montverde Academy in Florida.
At 255 pounds, Dickerson is a lot to handle on the interior and he’s one of the better back-to-the-basket players in the class. He should receive plenty of recruiting attention in the next few weeks.
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 5
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 21
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 4
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 1
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 2
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (22)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)