Jun 30, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
The 6-foot-8 native of Georgia made the announcement on his Twitter. Dickerson is regarded as the No. 56 overall player in the 2015 class, according to Rivals, but Georgetown has also taken commitments in the 2015 class from New York big man Jessie Govan and Virginia big man Marcus Derrickson.
It simply seems like the Hoyas have too many talented front-court players in the same class, and with the July live evaluation period coming, Dickerson probably wanted to see which coaches would pay attention to him in July.
In 12 games with the Georgia Stars in the Nike EYBL this spring, Dickerson averaged 14.2 points and 8.4 rebounds per game and shot 53 percent from the field and 79 percent from the free-throw line. Dickerson also plays his high school ball at national basketball powerhouse Montverde Academy in Florida.
At 255 pounds, Dickerson is a lot to handle on the interior and he’s one of the better back-to-the-basket players in the class. He should receive plenty of recruiting attention in the next few weeks.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 1
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)