Jun 30, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
The 6-foot-8 native of Georgia made the announcement on his Twitter. Dickerson is regarded as the No. 56 overall player in the 2015 class, according to Rivals, but Georgetown has also taken commitments in the 2015 class from New York big man Jessie Govan and Virginia big man Marcus Derrickson.
It simply seems like the Hoyas have too many talented front-court players in the same class, and with the July live evaluation period coming, Dickerson probably wanted to see which coaches would pay attention to him in July.
In 12 games with the Georgia Stars in the Nike EYBL this spring, Dickerson averaged 14.2 points and 8.4 rebounds per game and shot 53 percent from the field and 79 percent from the free-throw line. Dickerson also plays his high school ball at national basketball powerhouse Montverde Academy in Florida.
At 255 pounds, Dickerson is a lot to handle on the interior and he’s one of the better back-to-the-basket players in the class. He should receive plenty of recruiting attention in the next few weeks.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)