Jun 30, 2014, 11:58 AM EST
Has Kevin Ollie landed the next Shabazz Napier?
In terms of on-court ability, it’s unfair to put Jalen Adams into the same conversation as the reigning NCAA tournament MOP and the guy that LeBron James more-or-less forced the Heat front office to draft as of yet.
But Adams, the No. 26 recruit in the country, according to Rivals.com, is a score-first point guard from Roxbury, Ma., the same town that produced Napier. And on Monday, Adams announced his commitment to play his college ball at UConn, the school where Napier won two national titles.
“I have officially decided that I will continue to pursue my dream at the University of Connecticut and play for Coach Kevin Ollie,” Adams tweeted.
RELATED: Jalen Adams preps for a big summer
This is a big get for Ollie, as Adams is one of the premier high school guards in the Northeast. He’s a playmaker with the ball in his hands, and given the way that Ollie has allowed Napier and Ryan Boatright to have freedom with the ball in their hands, Adams should be a great fit for the Huskies.
And he may have that clutch-gene that Napier had as well. As a sophomore, he hit a NEPSAC title-winning 25-footer at the buzzer.
- Two-time plane crash survivor Austin Hatch scores first career point in Michigan win (VIDEO) 0
- Late Night Snacks: Temple blows out Kansas, Purdue loses to Gardner-Webb 1
- Temple embarrasses No. 10 Kansas by 25 points 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 2
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)