Jul 1, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
The Big 12 unveiled a new logo — as well as a new website and a handful of new branding efforts, including the phrase “One True Champion” — this week, and … well … it’s about what you would expect from a conference logo: something you’re not going to care about in roughly 15 minutes.
I do, however, find it amusing that the Big 12, the Big Ten and the Atlantic 10 refuse to change the name of their leagues despite the fact that, you know, those numbers aren’t right.
So courtesy of Brett Adkinson, here’s what the amended Big 12 logo should look like:
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 0
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 1
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 7
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)