Jul 1, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
The Big 12 unveiled a new logo — as well as a new website and a handful of new branding efforts, including the phrase “One True Champion” — this week, and … well … it’s about what you would expect from a conference logo: something you’re not going to care about in roughly 15 minutes.
I do, however, find it amusing that the Big 12, the Big Ten and the Atlantic 10 refuse to change the name of their leagues despite the fact that, you know, those numbers aren’t right.
So courtesy of Brett Adkinson, here’s what the amended Big 12 logo should look like:
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)