Jul 1, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
The Big 12 unveiled a new logo — as well as a new website and a handful of new branding efforts, including the phrase “One True Champion” — this week, and … well … it’s about what you would expect from a conference logo: something you’re not going to care about in roughly 15 minutes.
I do, however, find it amusing that the Big 12, the Big Ten and the Atlantic 10 refuse to change the name of their leagues despite the fact that, you know, those numbers aren’t right.
So courtesy of Brett Adkinson, here’s what the amended Big 12 logo should look like:
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)