Jul 1, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
The Big 12 unveiled a new logo — as well as a new website and a handful of new branding efforts, including the phrase “One True Champion” — this week, and … well … it’s about what you would expect from a conference logo: something you’re not going to care about in roughly 15 minutes.
I do, however, find it amusing that the Big 12, the Big Ten and the Atlantic 10 refuse to change the name of their leagues despite the fact that, you know, those numbers aren’t right.
So courtesy of Brett Adkinson, here’s what the amended Big 12 logo should look like:
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 0
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)