Jul 1, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
The Big 12 unveiled a new logo — as well as a new website and a handful of new branding efforts, including the phrase “One True Champion” — this week, and … well … it’s about what you would expect from a conference logo: something you’re not going to care about in roughly 15 minutes.
I do, however, find it amusing that the Big 12, the Big Ten and the Atlantic 10 refuse to change the name of their leagues despite the fact that, you know, those numbers aren’t right.
So courtesy of Brett Adkinson, here’s what the amended Big 12 logo should look like:
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)