Jul 1, 2014, 1:22 PM EST
Nothing in the realm of college basketball is the big news of the day.
If it’s not NBA free agency that has struck your fancy, than you’re probably like the rest of the United States, waiting patiently for our boys to take down those waffle-loving beer-makers that shall not be named in this space.
In fact, I’ll go ahead and bet that half of our great nation will be taking the afternoon off from work to don some stars and stripes and enjoy themselves a cold beverage and some World Cup soccer.
You know who else is taking the day off? Bill Self and the Kansas basketball program.
“We cancelled [our workout today],” Self told Fescoe in the Morning, a radio show on 610 am in Kansas City. “We moved it to tomorrow and yesterday to make sure our guys were free today. They’ll all be watching.”
It shouldn’t surprise you. Self is an avid sports fan.
“How can you not get hooked on this stuff?” he said of the World Cup. “I’m certainly jacked about today.”
If Bill Self his giving his guys the day off, than all of your employers out there should do the same.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)