Jul 1, 2014, 1:22 PM EST
Nothing in the realm of college basketball is the big news of the day.
If it’s not NBA free agency that has struck your fancy, than you’re probably like the rest of the United States, waiting patiently for our boys to take down those waffle-loving beer-makers that shall not be named in this space.
In fact, I’ll go ahead and bet that half of our great nation will be taking the afternoon off from work to don some stars and stripes and enjoy themselves a cold beverage and some World Cup soccer.
You know who else is taking the day off? Bill Self and the Kansas basketball program.
“We cancelled [our workout today],” Self told Fescoe in the Morning, a radio show on 610 am in Kansas City. “We moved it to tomorrow and yesterday to make sure our guys were free today. They’ll all be watching.”
It shouldn’t surprise you. Self is an avid sports fan.
“How can you not get hooked on this stuff?” he said of the World Cup. “I’m certainly jacked about today.”
If Bill Self his giving his guys the day off, than all of your employers out there should do the same.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 0
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)