Jul 1, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
Nothing in the realm of college basketball is the big news of the day.
If it’s not NBA free agency that has struck your fancy, than you’re probably like the rest of the United States, waiting patiently for our boys to take down those waffle-loving beer-makers that shall not be named in this space.
In fact, I’ll go ahead and bet that half of our great nation will be taking the afternoon off from work to don some stars and stripes and enjoy themselves a cold beverage and some World Cup soccer.
You know who else is taking the day off? Bill Self and the Kansas basketball program.
“We cancelled [our workout today],” Self told Fescoe in the Morning, a radio show on 610 am in Kansas City. “We moved it to tomorrow and yesterday to make sure our guys were free today. They’ll all be watching.”
It shouldn’t surprise you. Self is an avid sports fan.
“How can you not get hooked on this stuff?” he said of the World Cup. “I’m certainly jacked about today.”
If Bill Self his giving his guys the day off, than all of your employers out there should do the same.
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 1
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)