Jul 1, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
Nothing in the realm of college basketball is the big news of the day.
If it’s not NBA free agency that has struck your fancy, than you’re probably like the rest of the United States, waiting patiently for our boys to take down those waffle-loving beer-makers that shall not be named in this space.
In fact, I’ll go ahead and bet that half of our great nation will be taking the afternoon off from work to don some stars and stripes and enjoy themselves a cold beverage and some World Cup soccer.
You know who else is taking the day off? Bill Self and the Kansas basketball program.
“We cancelled [our workout today],” Self told Fescoe in the Morning, a radio show on 610 am in Kansas City. “We moved it to tomorrow and yesterday to make sure our guys were free today. They’ll all be watching.”
It shouldn’t surprise you. Self is an avid sports fan.
“How can you not get hooked on this stuff?” he said of the World Cup. “I’m certainly jacked about today.”
If Bill Self his giving his guys the day off, than all of your employers out there should do the same.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)