Jul 1, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
Nothing in the realm of college basketball is the big news of the day.
If it’s not NBA free agency that has struck your fancy, than you’re probably like the rest of the United States, waiting patiently for our boys to take down those waffle-loving beer-makers that shall not be named in this space.
In fact, I’ll go ahead and bet that half of our great nation will be taking the afternoon off from work to don some stars and stripes and enjoy themselves a cold beverage and some World Cup soccer.
You know who else is taking the day off? Bill Self and the Kansas basketball program.
“We cancelled [our workout today],” Self told Fescoe in the Morning, a radio show on 610 am in Kansas City. “We moved it to tomorrow and yesterday to make sure our guys were free today. They’ll all be watching.”
It shouldn’t surprise you. Self is an avid sports fan.
“How can you not get hooked on this stuff?” he said of the World Cup. “I’m certainly jacked about today.”
If Bill Self his giving his guys the day off, than all of your employers out there should do the same.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)