Jul 1, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
George Washington and Seton Hall announced on Tuesday that they will be beginning a home-and-home series during the 2014-2015 season.
The first game will be held at the Prudential Center on November 29th of this season, with the Pirates making the return trip to Foggy Bottom next year.
“After a successful Thanksgiving trip to California for the Wooden Legacy last season, it will be great to play and celebrate the holiday close to so many of our students, alumni and fans in New York and New Jersey,” said GW Coach Mike Lonergan. “With its Big East Championship run last season, Seton Hall proved it’s a program on the rise and our meetings the next two seasons will be important for building our postseason résumé.”
It’s the fifth home-and-home series that GW has announced this offseason, with Penn State, Rutgers, DePaul and Virginia being the others. Seton Hall has also completed their non-conference schedule, with the game against the Colonials joining a visit from Mercer, a trip to the Paradise Jam, a game at Georgia and, the highlight, a visit to Wichita State among the notable games they’ll play.
“This is a well-balanced schedule that will challenge us in a variety of settings and against different styles of play,” said head coach Kevin Willard. “Many of these programs are on the rise and have experienced success in recent years. We believe this mix of opponents will challenge our team early in the season as we look to build towards BIG EAST play.”
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)