Jul 1, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
George Washington and Seton Hall announced on Tuesday that they will be beginning a home-and-home series during the 2014-2015 season.
The first game will be held at the Prudential Center on November 29th of this season, with the Pirates making the return trip to Foggy Bottom next year.
“After a successful Thanksgiving trip to California for the Wooden Legacy last season, it will be great to play and celebrate the holiday close to so many of our students, alumni and fans in New York and New Jersey,” said GW Coach Mike Lonergan. “With its Big East Championship run last season, Seton Hall proved it’s a program on the rise and our meetings the next two seasons will be important for building our postseason résumé.”
It’s the fifth home-and-home series that GW has announced this offseason, with Penn State, Rutgers, DePaul and Virginia being the others. Seton Hall has also completed their non-conference schedule, with the game against the Colonials joining a visit from Mercer, a trip to the Paradise Jam, a game at Georgia and, the highlight, a visit to Wichita State among the notable games they’ll play.
“This is a well-balanced schedule that will challenge us in a variety of settings and against different styles of play,” said head coach Kevin Willard. “Many of these programs are on the rise and have experienced success in recent years. We believe this mix of opponents will challenge our team early in the season as we look to build towards BIG EAST play.”
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)