Jul 1, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
George Washington and Seton Hall announced on Tuesday that they will be beginning a home-and-home series during the 2014-2015 season.
The first game will be held at the Prudential Center on November 29th of this season, with the Pirates making the return trip to Foggy Bottom next year.
“After a successful Thanksgiving trip to California for the Wooden Legacy last season, it will be great to play and celebrate the holiday close to so many of our students, alumni and fans in New York and New Jersey,” said GW Coach Mike Lonergan. “With its Big East Championship run last season, Seton Hall proved it’s a program on the rise and our meetings the next two seasons will be important for building our postseason résumé.”
It’s the fifth home-and-home series that GW has announced this offseason, with Penn State, Rutgers, DePaul and Virginia being the others. Seton Hall has also completed their non-conference schedule, with the game against the Colonials joining a visit from Mercer, a trip to the Paradise Jam, a game at Georgia and, the highlight, a visit to Wichita State among the notable games they’ll play.
“This is a well-balanced schedule that will challenge us in a variety of settings and against different styles of play,” said head coach Kevin Willard. “Many of these programs are on the rise and have experienced success in recent years. We believe this mix of opponents will challenge our team early in the season as we look to build towards BIG EAST play.”
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)