Jul 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Andrew White III, the former Kansas Jayhawk, announced on Tuesday morning that he will spend Wednesday and Thursday on the Notre Dame campus, marking the second visit for the transfer guard.
Since announcing he’d leave the Kansas program after two seasons, the Fighting Irish along with Florida State, Wake Forest, Miami and Maryland have all shown interest. The 6-foot-6 White has previously visited Nebraska, which emerged as an early favorite to land the former four-star recruit from the Class of 2012.
Notre Dame missed the NCAA tournament for the first time in five years after a 17-15 record in the program’s first season in the ACC. The Fighting Irish look to get back on track in Year 2, aided by the return of two of the conference’s best guards, Jerian Grant and Pat Connaughton. Grant was readmitted to the university in May after missing the spring semester. Connaughton was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the fourth round of the MLB First-Year Player Draft. The Orioles will allow Connaughton to complete his last semester of coursework, and finish out his playing career with Notre Dame.
Grant and Connaughton are both seniors, leaving the back court in the hands of rising sophomores Demetrius Jackson and Steve Vasturia, both of whom saw more than 20 minutes per game as freshmen.
White averaged 2.3 points in 1.2 rebounds per game in 43 appearances with Kansas.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)