Jul 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Andrew White III, the former Kansas Jayhawk, announced on Tuesday morning that he will spend Wednesday and Thursday on the Notre Dame campus, marking the second visit for the transfer guard.
Since announcing he’d leave the Kansas program after two seasons, the Fighting Irish along with Florida State, Wake Forest, Miami and Maryland have all shown interest. The 6-foot-6 White has previously visited Nebraska, which emerged as an early favorite to land the former four-star recruit from the Class of 2012.
Notre Dame missed the NCAA tournament for the first time in five years after a 17-15 record in the program’s first season in the ACC. The Fighting Irish look to get back on track in Year 2, aided by the return of two of the conference’s best guards, Jerian Grant and Pat Connaughton. Grant was readmitted to the university in May after missing the spring semester. Connaughton was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the fourth round of the MLB First-Year Player Draft. The Orioles will allow Connaughton to complete his last semester of coursework, and finish out his playing career with Notre Dame.
Grant and Connaughton are both seniors, leaving the back court in the hands of rising sophomores Demetrius Jackson and Steve Vasturia, both of whom saw more than 20 minutes per game as freshmen.
White averaged 2.3 points in 1.2 rebounds per game in 43 appearances with Kansas.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)