Jul 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Andrew White III, the former Kansas Jayhawk, announced on Tuesday morning that he will spend Wednesday and Thursday on the Notre Dame campus, marking the second visit for the transfer guard.
Since announcing he’d leave the Kansas program after two seasons, the Fighting Irish along with Florida State, Wake Forest, Miami and Maryland have all shown interest. The 6-foot-6 White has previously visited Nebraska, which emerged as an early favorite to land the former four-star recruit from the Class of 2012.
Notre Dame missed the NCAA tournament for the first time in five years after a 17-15 record in the program’s first season in the ACC. The Fighting Irish look to get back on track in Year 2, aided by the return of two of the conference’s best guards, Jerian Grant and Pat Connaughton. Grant was readmitted to the university in May after missing the spring semester. Connaughton was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the fourth round of the MLB First-Year Player Draft. The Orioles will allow Connaughton to complete his last semester of coursework, and finish out his playing career with Notre Dame.
Grant and Connaughton are both seniors, leaving the back court in the hands of rising sophomores Demetrius Jackson and Steve Vasturia, both of whom saw more than 20 minutes per game as freshmen.
White averaged 2.3 points in 1.2 rebounds per game in 43 appearances with Kansas.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)