Jul 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Andrew White III, the former Kansas Jayhawk, announced on Tuesday morning that he will spend Wednesday and Thursday on the Notre Dame campus, marking the second visit for the transfer guard.
Since announcing he’d leave the Kansas program after two seasons, the Fighting Irish along with Florida State, Wake Forest, Miami and Maryland have all shown interest. The 6-foot-6 White has previously visited Nebraska, which emerged as an early favorite to land the former four-star recruit from the Class of 2012.
Notre Dame missed the NCAA tournament for the first time in five years after a 17-15 record in the program’s first season in the ACC. The Fighting Irish look to get back on track in Year 2, aided by the return of two of the conference’s best guards, Jerian Grant and Pat Connaughton. Grant was readmitted to the university in May after missing the spring semester. Connaughton was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the fourth round of the MLB First-Year Player Draft. The Orioles will allow Connaughton to complete his last semester of coursework, and finish out his playing career with Notre Dame.
Grant and Connaughton are both seniors, leaving the back court in the hands of rising sophomores Demetrius Jackson and Steve Vasturia, both of whom saw more than 20 minutes per game as freshmen.
White averaged 2.3 points in 1.2 rebounds per game in 43 appearances with Kansas.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 4
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)