Jul 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Andrew White III, the former Kansas Jayhawk, announced on Tuesday morning that he will spend Wednesday and Thursday on the Notre Dame campus, marking the second visit for the transfer guard.
Since announcing he’d leave the Kansas program after two seasons, the Fighting Irish along with Florida State, Wake Forest, Miami and Maryland have all shown interest. The 6-foot-6 White has previously visited Nebraska, which emerged as an early favorite to land the former four-star recruit from the Class of 2012.
Notre Dame missed the NCAA tournament for the first time in five years after a 17-15 record in the program’s first season in the ACC. The Fighting Irish look to get back on track in Year 2, aided by the return of two of the conference’s best guards, Jerian Grant and Pat Connaughton. Grant was readmitted to the university in May after missing the spring semester. Connaughton was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the fourth round of the MLB First-Year Player Draft. The Orioles will allow Connaughton to complete his last semester of coursework, and finish out his playing career with Notre Dame.
Grant and Connaughton are both seniors, leaving the back court in the hands of rising sophomores Demetrius Jackson and Steve Vasturia, both of whom saw more than 20 minutes per game as freshmen.
White averaged 2.3 points in 1.2 rebounds per game in 43 appearances with Kansas.
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 0
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)