Jul 1, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Penn State head coach Pat Chambers gets his third commitment in his Class of 2015, the second ranked in the Rivals 150, in Oak Hill Academy (Virginia) shooting guard Josh Reaves, who announced the news via Twitter on Tuesday night.
“I am truly blessed to announce that I have committed to Penn State University,” he tweeted.
The 6-foot-4 rising senior, ranked No. 119 overall in the Class of 2015, held offers from Boston College, Georgetown, Maryland, Temple, Villanova and VCU. He joins Deividas Zemgulis, a three-star small forward who committed to the Nittany Lions two months ago, and center Mike Watkins, ranked No. 114 by Rivals.
On the grassroots circuit, Reaves, who played his junior year at Paul VI Catholic High (Virginia) is playing for Team Takeover (D.C.) in the Nike EYBL. At 9-7, Team Takeover qualified for the Peach Jam on July 16-20 during the live recruiting period. Reaves is third on the team in scoring at 10.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)