Jul 1, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Penn State head coach Pat Chambers gets his third commitment in his Class of 2015, the second ranked in the Rivals 150, in Oak Hill Academy (Virginia) shooting guard Josh Reaves, who announced the news via Twitter on Tuesday night.
“I am truly blessed to announce that I have committed to Penn State University,” he tweeted.
The 6-foot-4 rising senior, ranked No. 119 overall in the Class of 2015, held offers from Boston College, Georgetown, Maryland, Temple, Villanova and VCU. He joins Deividas Zemgulis, a three-star small forward who committed to the Nittany Lions two months ago, and center Mike Watkins, ranked No. 114 by Rivals.
On the grassroots circuit, Reaves, who played his junior year at Paul VI Catholic High (Virginia) is playing for Team Takeover (D.C.) in the Nike EYBL. At 9-7, Team Takeover qualified for the Peach Jam on July 16-20 during the live recruiting period. Reaves is third on the team in scoring at 10.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)