Jul 1, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Penn State head coach Pat Chambers gets his third commitment in his Class of 2015, the second ranked in the Rivals 150, in Oak Hill Academy (Virginia) shooting guard Josh Reaves, who announced the news via Twitter on Tuesday night.
“I am truly blessed to announce that I have committed to Penn State University,” he tweeted.
The 6-foot-4 rising senior, ranked No. 119 overall in the Class of 2015, held offers from Boston College, Georgetown, Maryland, Temple, Villanova and VCU. He joins Deividas Zemgulis, a three-star small forward who committed to the Nittany Lions two months ago, and center Mike Watkins, ranked No. 114 by Rivals.
On the grassroots circuit, Reaves, who played his junior year at Paul VI Catholic High (Virginia) is playing for Team Takeover (D.C.) in the Nike EYBL. At 9-7, Team Takeover qualified for the Peach Jam on July 16-20 during the live recruiting period. Reaves is third on the team in scoring at 10.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 0
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)