Jul 1, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Penn State head coach Pat Chambers gets his third commitment in his Class of 2015, the second ranked in the Rivals 150, in Oak Hill Academy (Virginia) shooting guard Josh Reaves, who announced the news via Twitter on Tuesday night.
“I am truly blessed to announce that I have committed to Penn State University,” he tweeted.
The 6-foot-4 rising senior, ranked No. 119 overall in the Class of 2015, held offers from Boston College, Georgetown, Maryland, Temple, Villanova and VCU. He joins Deividas Zemgulis, a three-star small forward who committed to the Nittany Lions two months ago, and center Mike Watkins, ranked No. 114 by Rivals.
On the grassroots circuit, Reaves, who played his junior year at Paul VI Catholic High (Virginia) is playing for Team Takeover (D.C.) in the Nike EYBL. At 9-7, Team Takeover qualified for the Peach Jam on July 16-20 during the live recruiting period. Reaves is third on the team in scoring at 10.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 0
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)