Jul 2, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2014 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Considering the fact that the program has put together a record of five wins and 52 losses over the last two years, including an 0-28 mark in 2012-13, it would be an understatement to say that these have been tough times for the Grambling State basketball program. Add in the issues the program faced academically when head coach Joseph Price was hired, resulting in their being ineligible for postseason play last year, and it’s clear that a lot needed to change.
Tuesday it was reported by Sean Isabella of The News-Star that recently hired interim school president Cynthia Warrick has begun making changes, with Price and athletic director Aaron James being relieved of their respective duties as part of the shakeup.
“My primary focus as interim president is to move Grambling State University to a competitive position of excellence at every level,” Warrick said in the statement. “I have started the process of making several strategic changes in my administrative team, which is a customary practice in transitions such as this. The significant challenges facing Grambling make these decisions even more important, and I am committed to assembling the best talent possible in order to move the University forward.”
The question now is what’s next for the Grambling State basketball program, especially with the first of three July evaluation periods a week away (July 9-13). With regards to next season’s roster guards Terry Rose, Antwan Scott and A’Torri Shine, the team’s top three scorers in 2013-14, were all due to return in 2014-15.
Grambling State finished the 2013-14 season with a 5-24 record (3-15 SWAC), and they also knocked off Jackson State in the first round of the conference tournament. The 2013-14 academic year at Grambling State also included the football team forfeiting a game due to a player protest of various issues within the program.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)