Jul 2, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Kentucky has officially released their full non-conference schedule for the 2014-2015 season, and it’s loaded.
The Wildcats could end up facing four top ten teams before the calendar turns over, and that’s not even counting UCLA, who they play in Chicago for the CBS Sports Classic.
It starts with a trip to Indianapolis for the Champions Classic, where Kentucky will be taking on a Kansas team that loses Joel Embiid and Andrew Wiggins but reloads with Cliff Alexander and Kelly Oubre. After a couple of buy games and a visit from Providence, who have a shot at making the 2015 NCAA tournament, the Wildcats will get a visit from Texas, who might end up being the Big 12 favorite over Kansas.
Kentucky will host North Carolina, who will contend for the ACC title with, among others, Louisville, who just so happens to be the team that the Wildcats will close out their non-conference schedule against.
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a team that will be as challenged as Kentucky during the first two months of the regular season.
Here is the schedule in full:
- Nov. 14: vs. Grand Canyon
- Nov. 16: vs. Buffalo
- Nov. 18: vs. Kansas (in Indianapolis for Champions Classic)
- Nov. 21: vs. Boston University
- Nov. 23: vs. Montana State
- Nov. 25: vs. UT-Arlington
- Nov. 30: vs. Providence
- Dec. 5: vs. Texas
- Dec. 7: vs. Eastern Kentucky
- Dec. 10: vs. Columbia
- Dec. 13: vs. North Carolina
- Dec. 20: vs. UCLA (in Chicago for CBS Sports Classic)
- Dec. 27: at Louisville
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1