Jul 2, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Kentucky has officially released their full non-conference schedule for the 2014-2015 season, and it’s loaded.
The Wildcats could end up facing four top ten teams before the calendar turns over, and that’s not even counting UCLA, who they play in Chicago for the CBS Sports Classic.
It starts with a trip to Indianapolis for the Champions Classic, where Kentucky will be taking on a Kansas team that loses Joel Embiid and Andrew Wiggins but reloads with Cliff Alexander and Kelly Oubre. After a couple of buy games and a visit from Providence, who have a shot at making the 2015 NCAA tournament, the Wildcats will get a visit from Texas, who might end up being the Big 12 favorite over Kansas.
Kentucky will host North Carolina, who will contend for the ACC title with, among others, Louisville, who just so happens to be the team that the Wildcats will close out their non-conference schedule against.
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a team that will be as challenged as Kentucky during the first two months of the regular season.
Here is the schedule in full:
- Nov. 14: vs. Grand Canyon
- Nov. 16: vs. Buffalo
- Nov. 18: vs. Kansas (in Indianapolis for Champions Classic)
- Nov. 21: vs. Boston University
- Nov. 23: vs. Montana State
- Nov. 25: vs. UT-Arlington
- Nov. 30: vs. Providence
- Dec. 5: vs. Texas
- Dec. 7: vs. Eastern Kentucky
- Dec. 10: vs. Columbia
- Dec. 13: vs. North Carolina
- Dec. 20: vs. UCLA (in Chicago for CBS Sports Classic)
- Dec. 27: at Louisville
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)