Jul 2, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
Kentucky has officially released their full non-conference schedule for the 2014-2015 season, and it’s loaded.
The Wildcats could end up facing four top ten teams before the calendar turns over, and that’s not even counting UCLA, who they play in Chicago for the CBS Sports Classic.
It starts with a trip to Indianapolis for the Champions Classic, where Kentucky will be taking on a Kansas team that loses Joel Embiid and Andrew Wiggins but reloads with Cliff Alexander and Kelly Oubre. After a couple of buy games and a visit from Providence, who have a shot at making the 2015 NCAA tournament, the Wildcats will get a visit from Texas, who might end up being the Big 12 favorite over Kansas.
Kentucky will host North Carolina, who will contend for the ACC title with, among others, Louisville, who just so happens to be the team that the Wildcats will close out their non-conference schedule against.
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a team that will be as challenged as Kentucky during the first two months of the regular season.
Here is the schedule in full:
- Nov. 14: vs. Grand Canyon
- Nov. 16: vs. Buffalo
- Nov. 18: vs. Kansas (in Indianapolis for Champions Classic)
- Nov. 21: vs. Boston University
- Nov. 23: vs. Montana State
- Nov. 25: vs. UT-Arlington
- Nov. 30: vs. Providence
- Dec. 5: vs. Texas
- Dec. 7: vs. Eastern Kentucky
- Dec. 10: vs. Columbia
- Dec. 13: vs. North Carolina
- Dec. 20: vs. UCLA (in Chicago for CBS Sports Classic)
- Dec. 27: at Louisville
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)