Jul 2, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Northwestern is giving Welsh-Ryan Arena a makeover this summer, and one of the major renovations is to get rid of the 1970s-style scoreboard hanging over the center of the court and to replace it with a dual-sided, HD video board.
There will also be video boards paced at the end of the court as well, as you can see in the artist-renderings below.
But before the changes are made, Northwestern’s mascot, Willie the Wildcat, had to say an emotional goodbye.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)