Jul 2, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Northwestern is giving Welsh-Ryan Arena a makeover this summer, and one of the major renovations is to get rid of the 1970s-style scoreboard hanging over the center of the court and to replace it with a dual-sided, HD video board.
There will also be video boards paced at the end of the court as well, as you can see in the artist-renderings below.
But before the changes are made, Northwestern’s mascot, Willie the Wildcat, had to say an emotional goodbye.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)