Jul 2, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Northwestern is giving Welsh-Ryan Arena a makeover this summer, and one of the major renovations is to get rid of the 1970s-style scoreboard hanging over the center of the court and to replace it with a dual-sided, HD video board.
There will also be video boards paced at the end of the court as well, as you can see in the artist-renderings below.
But before the changes are made, Northwestern’s mascot, Willie the Wildcat, had to say an emotional goodbye.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)