Jul 2, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Northwestern is giving Welsh-Ryan Arena a makeover this summer, and one of the major renovations is to get rid of the 1970s-style scoreboard hanging over the center of the court and to replace it with a dual-sided, HD video board.
There will also be video boards paced at the end of the court as well, as you can see in the artist-renderings below.
But before the changes are made, Northwestern’s mascot, Willie the Wildcat, had to say an emotional goodbye.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)