Jul 2, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Northwestern is giving Welsh-Ryan Arena a makeover this summer, and one of the major renovations is to get rid of the 1970s-style scoreboard hanging over the center of the court and to replace it with a dual-sided, HD video board.
There will also be video boards paced at the end of the court as well, as you can see in the artist-renderings below.
But before the changes are made, Northwestern’s mascot, Willie the Wildcat, had to say an emotional goodbye.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)