Jul 2, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik is being investigated by the school for alleged verbal abuse of players, according to a report.
A local TV station, ABC News 4, broke the news late on Tuesday night, saying that the school has hired investigators to look into the way that Wojcik runs his program on a day-to-day basis as well as specific incidents involving the team.
The Post and Courier is reporting that the investigation, which took a couple of weeks, has been completed and that the school recently met with the players, with the expectation being that Wojcik will be put on probation and forced to undergo counseling.
Wojcik was an assistant at Notre Dame, North Carolina and Michigan State before taking over as the head coach at Tulsa. He’s currently two years into a five year contract with Charleston. He’s 39-28 in those two seasons.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0