Jul 2, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik is being investigated by the school for alleged verbal abuse of players, according to a report.
A local TV station, ABC News 4, broke the news late on Tuesday night, saying that the school has hired investigators to look into the way that Wojcik runs his program on a day-to-day basis as well as specific incidents involving the team.
The Post and Courier is reporting that the investigation, which took a couple of weeks, has been completed and that the school recently met with the players, with the expectation being that Wojcik will be put on probation and forced to undergo counseling.
Wojcik was an assistant at Notre Dame, North Carolina and Michigan State before taking over as the head coach at Tulsa. He’s currently two years into a five year contract with Charleston. He’s 39-28 in those two seasons.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)