Jul 3, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
After playing one season at Green Bay, junior guard Lamin Fulton has been granted a release from his scholarship and will look for a school closer to his hometown of Philadelphia to complete his college career. The program announced the news Thursday afternoon.
“We appreciate the year that Lamin spent in Green Bay and his contributions to our successful 2013-14 season on and off the floor,” Green Bay head coach Brian Wardle said in the release. “We preach family first in our program, and we wish Lamin well as he looks for a place closer to home to finish his career while helping his family.”
Fulton, who began his college career at Saint Peter’s before playing a year at Northwest Community College in Florida, played 10.7 minutes per game for the Phoenix last season and scored 2.3 points per contest.
Green Bay, which lost senior center Alec Brown from a team that won 24 games and the Horizon League regular season title in 2013-14, returns four of its top five scorers led by prolific guard Keifer Sykes (20.3 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 4.8 apg). The Phoenix, who were upset by rival Milwaukee in the Horizon League tournament, lost to Belmont in the Postseason NIT.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)