Jul 3, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
After playing one season at Green Bay, junior guard Lamin Fulton has been granted a release from his scholarship and will look for a school closer to his hometown of Philadelphia to complete his college career. The program announced the news Thursday afternoon.
“We appreciate the year that Lamin spent in Green Bay and his contributions to our successful 2013-14 season on and off the floor,” Green Bay head coach Brian Wardle said in the release. “We preach family first in our program, and we wish Lamin well as he looks for a place closer to home to finish his career while helping his family.”
Fulton, who began his college career at Saint Peter’s before playing a year at Northwest Community College in Florida, played 10.7 minutes per game for the Phoenix last season and scored 2.3 points per contest.
Green Bay, which lost senior center Alec Brown from a team that won 24 games and the Horizon League regular season title in 2013-14, returns four of its top five scorers led by prolific guard Keifer Sykes (20.3 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 4.8 apg). The Phoenix, who were upset by rival Milwaukee in the Horizon League tournament, lost to Belmont in the Postseason NIT.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Time lapse of Iowa State’s refurbished court (VIDEO) (1)