Jul 3, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
On Tuesday reports emerged that College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik was being investigated for allegations of verbal abuse, with the school deciding to suspend the head coach without pay for the month of August while also docking him a month’s pay. Wojcik will reportedly also have to undergo counseling according to the Post and Courier.
And apparently there remains the chance that Wojcik could see his tenure come to an end, with Gary Parrish of CBS Sports reporting that the report is seen by some to be “the beginning of the end” for the embattled head coach.
Thursday the Post and Courier also announced that it had obtained a copy of the report, which details allegations made by some players as well as athletic department staffers. The release of the report came an hour after school president Glenn McConnell issued a brief statement on the matter.
“The College of Charleston treats all personnel matters with the utmost seriousness,” McConnell said in the statement. “The College is committed to acting appropriately and responsibly to address any issues involving College personnel and students.”
The full report can be read here.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)