Jul 3, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
On Tuesday reports emerged that College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik was being investigated for allegations of verbal abuse, with the school deciding to suspend the head coach without pay for the month of August while also docking him a month’s pay. Wojcik will reportedly also have to undergo counseling according to the Post and Courier.
And apparently there remains the chance that Wojcik could see his tenure come to an end, with Gary Parrish of CBS Sports reporting that the report is seen by some to be “the beginning of the end” for the embattled head coach.
Thursday the Post and Courier also announced that it had obtained a copy of the report, which details allegations made by some players as well as athletic department staffers. The release of the report came an hour after school president Glenn McConnell issued a brief statement on the matter.
“The College of Charleston treats all personnel matters with the utmost seriousness,” McConnell said in the statement. “The College is committed to acting appropriately and responsibly to address any issues involving College personnel and students.”
The full report can be read here.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)