Jul 3, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
On Tuesday reports emerged that College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik was being investigated for allegations of verbal abuse, with the school deciding to suspend the head coach without pay for the month of August while also docking him a month’s pay. Wojcik will reportedly also have to undergo counseling according to the Post and Courier.
And apparently there remains the chance that Wojcik could see his tenure come to an end, with Gary Parrish of CBS Sports reporting that the report is seen by some to be “the beginning of the end” for the embattled head coach.
Thursday the Post and Courier also announced that it had obtained a copy of the report, which details allegations made by some players as well as athletic department staffers. The release of the report came an hour after school president Glenn McConnell issued a brief statement on the matter.
“The College of Charleston treats all personnel matters with the utmost seriousness,” McConnell said in the statement. “The College is committed to acting appropriately and responsibly to address any issues involving College personnel and students.”
The full report can be read here.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)