Jul 3, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
On Tuesday reports emerged that College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik was being investigated for allegations of verbal abuse, with the school deciding to suspend the head coach without pay for the month of August while also docking him a month’s pay. Wojcik will reportedly also have to undergo counseling according to the Post and Courier.
And apparently there remains the chance that Wojcik could see his tenure come to an end, with Gary Parrish of CBS Sports reporting that the report is seen by some to be “the beginning of the end” for the embattled head coach.
Thursday the Post and Courier also announced that it had obtained a copy of the report, which details allegations made by some players as well as athletic department staffers. The release of the report came an hour after school president Glenn McConnell issued a brief statement on the matter.
“The College of Charleston treats all personnel matters with the utmost seriousness,” McConnell said in the statement. “The College is committed to acting appropriately and responsibly to address any issues involving College personnel and students.”
The full report can be read here.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)