Jul 3, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
On Tuesday reports emerged that College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik was being investigated for allegations of verbal abuse, with the school deciding to suspend the head coach without pay for the month of August while also docking him a month’s pay. Wojcik will reportedly also have to undergo counseling according to the Post and Courier.
And apparently there remains the chance that Wojcik could see his tenure come to an end, with Gary Parrish of CBS Sports reporting that the report is seen by some to be “the beginning of the end” for the embattled head coach.
Thursday the Post and Courier also announced that it had obtained a copy of the report, which details allegations made by some players as well as athletic department staffers. The release of the report came an hour after school president Glenn McConnell issued a brief statement on the matter.
“The College of Charleston treats all personnel matters with the utmost seriousness,” McConnell said in the statement. “The College is committed to acting appropriately and responsibly to address any issues involving College personnel and students.”
The full report can be read here.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)