Jul 3, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
Duke released their roster for the 2014-2015 season this week, and the only name that was a surprise was Sean Kelly.
Kelly is a 6-foot-3 senior guard that will walk-on to the team. He’s the younger brother of Ryan Kelly, the 6-foot-11 former Duke forward that graduated in 2013. He’s currently playing with the Lakers.
Kelly has been a manager with the team since arriving at Duke. He scored 20 points in a loss to the North Carolina managers during the 2012-2013 season. He was also the golfing partner for Andre Dawkins during the year that Dawkins redshirted.
Kelly isn’t simply a legacy addition, either. He once beat former N.C. State sharpshooter Scott Wood in a three-point shooting contest.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 0
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)