Jul 3, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Duke released their roster for the 2014-2015 season this week, and the only name that was a surprise was Sean Kelly.
Kelly is a 6-foot-3 senior guard that will walk-on to the team. He’s the younger brother of Ryan Kelly, the 6-foot-11 former Duke forward that graduated in 2013. He’s currently playing with the Lakers.
Kelly has been a manager with the team since arriving at Duke. He scored 20 points in a loss to the North Carolina managers during the 2012-2013 season. He was also the golfing partner for Andre Dawkins during the year that Dawkins redshirted.
Kelly isn’t simply a legacy addition, either. He once beat former N.C. State sharpshooter Scott Wood in a three-point shooting contest.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)