Jul 3, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Duke released their roster for the 2014-2015 season this week, and the only name that was a surprise was Sean Kelly.
Kelly is a 6-foot-3 senior guard that will walk-on to the team. He’s the younger brother of Ryan Kelly, the 6-foot-11 former Duke forward that graduated in 2013. He’s currently playing with the Lakers.
Kelly has been a manager with the team since arriving at Duke. He scored 20 points in a loss to the North Carolina managers during the 2012-2013 season. He was also the golfing partner for Andre Dawkins during the year that Dawkins redshirted.
Kelly isn’t simply a legacy addition, either. He once beat former N.C. State sharpshooter Scott Wood in a three-point shooting contest.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 40
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)