Jul 3, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
After Tim Howard’s record-breaking performance in the Team USA’s Round of 16 loss to Belgium in which he had 16 saves, the internet did what the internet does and turned #ThingsTimHowardCouldSave into a meme.
After two days, we got our first foray into the realm of college basketball.
I don’t even know if Tim Howard could’ve saved Wisconsin on that night. Josh Gasser defended that Aaron Harrison shot about as well as it could be defended.
And for what it’s worth, Wisconsin isn’t the only team wondering what could have been …
— Michigan Basketball (@umichbball) July 3, 2014
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)