Jul 3, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
After Tim Howard’s record-breaking performance in the Team USA’s Round of 16 loss to Belgium in which he had 16 saves, the internet did what the internet does and turned #ThingsTimHowardCouldSave into a meme.
After two days, we got our first foray into the realm of college basketball.
I don’t even know if Tim Howard could’ve saved Wisconsin on that night. Josh Gasser defended that Aaron Harrison shot about as well as it could be defended.
And for what it’s worth, Wisconsin isn’t the only team wondering what could have been …
— Michigan Basketball (@umichbball) July 3, 2014
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)