Jul 3, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
After Tim Howard’s record-breaking performance in the Team USA’s Round of 16 loss to Belgium in which he had 16 saves, the internet did what the internet does and turned #ThingsTimHowardCouldSave into a meme.
After two days, we got our first foray into the realm of college basketball.
I don’t even know if Tim Howard could’ve saved Wisconsin on that night. Josh Gasser defended that Aaron Harrison shot about as well as it could be defended.
And for what it’s worth, Wisconsin isn’t the only team wondering what could have been …
— Michigan Basketball (@umichbball) July 3, 2014
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)