Jul 3, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
After Tim Howard’s record-breaking performance in the Team USA’s Round of 16 loss to Belgium in which he had 16 saves, the internet did what the internet does and turned #ThingsTimHowardCouldSave into a meme.
After two days, we got our first foray into the realm of college basketball.
I don’t even know if Tim Howard could’ve saved Wisconsin on that night. Josh Gasser defended that Aaron Harrison shot about as well as it could be defended.
And for what it’s worth, Wisconsin isn’t the only team wondering what could have been …
— Michigan Basketball (@umichbball) July 3, 2014
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 1
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)