Jul 5, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Class of 2016 big man Udoka Azubuike has emerged as a top-ten player in the class this spring. The 6-foot-9, 260-pound Azubuike is currently the No. 7 player in the class, according to Rivals, and the native of Jacksonville, Florida had a productive spring with Nike Team Florida.
Azubuike averaged 13.9 points, 7.7 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game in 16 EYBL games this spring and also shot 71 percent from the field.
Florida and Florida State would love to keep Azubuike in the Sunshine State, but other schools from across the country will check out the center in the next few weeks during the live evaluation period.
(H/T: Courtside Films)
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 0
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 1
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 7
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)