Jul 5, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Class of 2016 big man Udoka Azubuike has emerged as a top-ten player in the class this spring. The 6-foot-9, 260-pound Azubuike is currently the No. 7 player in the class, according to Rivals, and the native of Jacksonville, Florida had a productive spring with Nike Team Florida.
Azubuike averaged 13.9 points, 7.7 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game in 16 EYBL games this spring and also shot 71 percent from the field.
Florida and Florida State would love to keep Azubuike in the Sunshine State, but other schools from across the country will check out the center in the next few weeks during the live evaluation period.
(H/T: Courtside Films)
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)