Jul 6, 2014, 9:52 PM EDT
While players in the Class of 2015 will get a lot of attention during the three five-day open periods of July, with the first beginning on Wednesday, the Class of 2016 won’t be ignored either. One of the best players in that class is 6-foot-3 guard De’Aaron Fox (Katy, Texas), who will be playing for the Houston Hoops program.
Sunday afternoon at the Houston National Summer Showcase, Fox displayed the athleticism that makes him one of the nation’s best prospects in the 2016 class in the video above. After gathering a rebound on the defensive end of the floor Fox went coast to coast, finishing the break with authority.
While the post-dunk stare down wasn’t the best move (you can earn a technical foul for that, obviously), the play itself was impressive. From a recruiting standpoint, Fox currently holds offers from programs such as Baylor, Kansas, SMU, Texas and Texas A&M according to 247Sports.com.
Video credit: Take My Talent/Hoopmixtape
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)