Jul 6, 2014, 9:52 PM EDT
While players in the Class of 2015 will get a lot of attention during the three five-day open periods of July, with the first beginning on Wednesday, the Class of 2016 won’t be ignored either. One of the best players in that class is 6-foot-3 guard De’Aaron Fox (Katy, Texas), who will be playing for the Houston Hoops program.
Sunday afternoon at the Houston National Summer Showcase, Fox displayed the athleticism that makes him one of the nation’s best prospects in the 2016 class in the video above. After gathering a rebound on the defensive end of the floor Fox went coast to coast, finishing the break with authority.
While the post-dunk stare down wasn’t the best move (you can earn a technical foul for that, obviously), the play itself was impressive. From a recruiting standpoint, Fox currently holds offers from programs such as Baylor, Kansas, SMU, Texas and Texas A&M according to 247Sports.com.
Video credit: Take My Talent/Hoopmixtape
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)