Jul 6, 2014, 9:52 PM EDT
While players in the Class of 2015 will get a lot of attention during the three five-day open periods of July, with the first beginning on Wednesday, the Class of 2016 won’t be ignored either. One of the best players in that class is 6-foot-3 guard De’Aaron Fox (Katy, Texas), who will be playing for the Houston Hoops program.
Sunday afternoon at the Houston National Summer Showcase, Fox displayed the athleticism that makes him one of the nation’s best prospects in the 2016 class in the video above. After gathering a rebound on the defensive end of the floor Fox went coast to coast, finishing the break with authority.
While the post-dunk stare down wasn’t the best move (you can earn a technical foul for that, obviously), the play itself was impressive. From a recruiting standpoint, Fox currently holds offers from programs such as Baylor, Kansas, SMU, Texas and Texas A&M according to 247Sports.com.
Video credit: Take My Talent/Hoopmixtape
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 2
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 0
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (29)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)