Jul 6, 2014, 9:52 PM EDT
While players in the Class of 2015 will get a lot of attention during the three five-day open periods of July, with the first beginning on Wednesday, the Class of 2016 won’t be ignored either. One of the best players in that class is 6-foot-3 guard De’Aaron Fox (Katy, Texas), who will be playing for the Houston Hoops program.
Sunday afternoon at the Houston National Summer Showcase, Fox displayed the athleticism that makes him one of the nation’s best prospects in the 2016 class in the video above. After gathering a rebound on the defensive end of the floor Fox went coast to coast, finishing the break with authority.
While the post-dunk stare down wasn’t the best move (you can earn a technical foul for that, obviously), the play itself was impressive. From a recruiting standpoint, Fox currently holds offers from programs such as Baylor, Kansas, SMU, Texas and Texas A&M according to 247Sports.com.
Video credit: Take My Talent/Hoopmixtape
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 0
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)