Jul 6, 2014, 9:52 PM EDT
While players in the Class of 2015 will get a lot of attention during the three five-day open periods of July, with the first beginning on Wednesday, the Class of 2016 won’t be ignored either. One of the best players in that class is 6-foot-3 guard De’Aaron Fox (Katy, Texas), who will be playing for the Houston Hoops program.
Sunday afternoon at the Houston National Summer Showcase, Fox displayed the athleticism that makes him one of the nation’s best prospects in the 2016 class in the video above. After gathering a rebound on the defensive end of the floor Fox went coast to coast, finishing the break with authority.
While the post-dunk stare down wasn’t the best move (you can earn a technical foul for that, obviously), the play itself was impressive. From a recruiting standpoint, Fox currently holds offers from programs such as Baylor, Kansas, SMU, Texas and Texas A&M according to 247Sports.com.
Video credit: Take My Talent/Hoopmixtape
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)